Debate Is time travel possible?

magicaltimefreak05

it all depends from person to person the idea of being able to travel forward or backwards in time but why not he who dares wins after all obviously if u could go back in time i doubt that u actualy doing something in the past could affect the future for instance if u were to kill your father before you were born would u not cease to exist before the initial meeting? also if u were to go into the future and meet your future self and ask about specific events there is no possibility of changeing when u went back obviously if u arose too much suspicions u are less likely to be taken seriously either in the past or future and will find urself being put in a mad house cant say u could travel back 10 or even 15 years and ur aperance and the way you talk seem odd

Ssider

Hey guys,
Why you think time travel will be or wont be possible either now or in the future?

Right now we are finally getting to the point where we can experiment with non locality, which has implications for time travel. While I am not qualified to take a position on this, certain experiments indicate that, in some cases, some things travel backwards in relative time. There are other implications of the experiments other than retrocausality and it is possible the experiments are flawed to begin with but "can't" is (at least now) not the best word to use when describing time travel, or at least the certainty that effects always follow cause.

However, one thing that I believe makes "Back to the Future" style time travel highly unlikely is conservation of matter and energy. For example, even though you were only born perhaps 20 or 30 years ago all of the atoms that make up you were here (basically) forever. Matter and energy are always conserved, so if the time traveler goes back in time even before his birth then we have to explain how the extra matter shows up in the universe at that time.

Science usually makes even the best sci-fi look sad by comparison. So, while we may not be able to realize physical time travel we may be able to achieve a certain influence over the past or at least over random variables in the past.

Giorgio Armani

Hey guys,
Why you think time travel will be or wont be possible either now or in the future?
If you are not familiar with Preston Nichols & the Philadelphia exp. which later turned into project Phoenix I suggest you start there , I had A ten hour video of these people that were involved with these exp. they claimed to have been dabbling in Time Travel & it turned wickedly messy I was disturbed by what I heard its not likely you will find this specific info the videos I owned were illegal to own .
can I get a copy of those videos

Mark Pattinson

Time travel determine through Mayan Astrology that asess in predicting future possibilities. Mayan sign calculator help individual to know your sign and how your mental attributes will help shape up your future. It is very effective to determine personal traits of individuals and calculate future events of an individual person and the entire world. Ancient Mayan predictions are based on research of Mayan calendar report.

Phil Wainwright

I would like to think that time travel will become possible, but we then have Fermi's Paradox (yes I know I use that one a lot....) If it is possible, why have we not seen a royal visit, or presidential visit from the future? Or is it all based on the point that time travel could be possible but only upwhen from the moment of discovery and downwhen to the moment of discovery......

There is a brilliant book called "The End of Eternity" By the great Isaac Asimov. If I could make one suggestion, READ THIS BOOK.

And the terms upwhen and downwhen are from that book.....

Phil Wainwright

PS, in respect to the above comment, it does suddenly fill me with hope, as the big problem (Fermi's Paradox) is suddenly resolved...... It could be discovered / invented tomorrow, and we still would not be able to come back to today.

Also, (and I have not thought about this book for years) in the book it uses a system of 'Kettles' that are almost like lift (elevator) cars that move only in time, but are physically restricted to the same place..... hmmmm, could it be that is the answer? hmmmm

Nottus

I can't believe people can't understand time travel after reading Connor Stein's post. He basically asserted that there are multiple world lines, and that when you 'time travel' you are merely go from one world line to the next; all the paradoxes such as grandfather, 'fermat' (pretty sure that's not a paradox; fermat was a mathematician specializing in number theory) will not exist, nor affect anything.