Debate Is time travel worth the risk?

SavedByRask

These are some good points. We've all had the thought "if I could go back and do that differently..." but if we actually HAD the opportunity to do so, would we take it? For me, probably not. The mistakes we make, the choices we were faced with, have some bearing on who we are right now and what we will be in the future.

Although if we were somehow guaranteed to come back to this time line, and we're only sent back to visit and not alter history, I think that'd be fun.

label

These are some good points. We've all had the thought "if I could go back and do that differently..." but if we actually HAD the opportunity to do so, would we take it? For me, probably not. The mistakes we make, the choices we were faced with, have some bearing on who we are right now and what we will be in the future.

Although if we were somehow guaranteed to come back to this time line, and we're only sent back to visit and not alter history, I think that'd be fun.

One would go back, change a few events that has basically destroyed any chance one had at a normal life. It comes down to motivation and key points in one's life that basically ruined one till death.

I have this unproven theory that each human has a life force and if the future life force connects to the past life force that they would integrate and just maybe get a new start on life?

It is loosely based on the fact that two of the same energies cannot occupy the same space.

But I digress. Reality is the human body may not survive time travel but data can and if you could transmit data from future to past and warn past of future then that future will no longer exist but a new one created but at the same time it removes the possibility of the future self transmitting to past self because if the event didn't happen then there is nothing to change. Unless future new self still transmit to old self the same warning???

I but yes I would ALTER my past.

Excornada

For being a person that has taken that risk I can answer this. I have given up my family and world to be here to try and change the future. Many T.T.A.A members have taken the risk and not come back. But I feel as though I can be that person that succeeds

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Forgive my relative little understanding of how time travel works. The concept of it literally makes my head feel like it's about to explode, but it does fascinate me. My question is, if time travel is actually just going between different time lines, without the chance of coming back to the current one, is it worth it?

For instance, you have a great job, amazing family, and everything in your life is seemingly headed in the right direction. Is it worth it for you to travel back to a different time period to see what things would have been lime if "x" had happened instead of "y?" Whether that be from not breaking up with a former partner, taking a different job, or even just trying to warn a family member about a terrible accident.

Would it be worth the risk involved of not being able to come back to this reality and possibly having a completely different life?

Not many know how the true time travel technology works. All we have are theories at the moment, but like I tell many people new to the subject, study the Multiple Worldline Theory. I believe the only risk would be your disappearance from your current timeline and living with our double in the next one. But again, that is just one theory.

label

just remember what time travel is. You need to reset the orbit of every star every planet to its very atom. Because that is what time travel is "resetting an event to its former state" And because you are going back into a planet's history you need to restore it exactly as it was on that day. People can claim time travel but i know for a fact that resetting all known and unknown matter to a former state is impossible as the energy alone will go beyond the scope of our capability.

However if the past still exist intact and basically essentially a version of ourselves will be stuck there as well. Never moving on never taking its next breath. OK lets explain this a movie is made up from a series of still pictures now if you where to go back to one of the pictures and photo edit a bar of gold into your lap you need to edit every single picture past that picture with the same bar of gold so that all the pictures can have the bar of gold. See editing just the one picture will not help. So you will need to go back to the very beginning of time and "edit" events from that point to where you want to be. Altering the future means the past in its entirety needs to be altered.

BUT if each choice makes a new earth and there are 8 billion people making choices what earth do you go to, where do you make the change? See the expansion level is beyond our scope of comprehension. 8 billion earths being made every single second with every single choice infinity will get a new meaning.

directional time travel is not possible... Sending data is possible because it can rewrite the source of history "the very beginning" editing all the frames basically. Going back a few seconds is almost impossible because again atoms move about constantly how do you find each and every single one of them and pull them back to there former location? "like a pixel in a photo"

i am not saying time travel is impossible... i am saying we simply don't know enough to actually do it. Maybe there is a shortcut that allows us to move into a state of pure energy and then allow us to move into past states of energy if that exists then yes it is possible but that means physically you will not exist as you as a person needs to be converted into a state of pure energy and now people we are borderline next to the supernatural state of the soul itself because it is essentially our life energy.

timecore

just remember what time travel is. You need to reset the orbit of every star every planet to its very atom. Because that is what time travel is "resetting an event to its former state" And because you are going back into a planet's history you need to restore it exactly as it was on that day. People can claim time travel but i know for a fact that resetting all known and unknown matter to a former state is impossible as the energy alone will go beyond the scope of our capability.

However if the past still exist intact and basically essentially a version of ourselves will be stuck there as well. Never moving on never taking its next breath. OK lets explain this a movie is made up from a series of still pictures now if you where to go back to one of the pictures and photo edit a bar of gold into your lap you need to edit every single picture past that picture with the same bar of gold so that all the pictures can have the bar of gold. See editing just the one picture will not help. So you will need to go back to the very beginning of time and "edit" events from that point to where you want to be. Altering the future means the past in its entirety needs to be altered.

BUT if each choice makes a new earth and there are 8 billion people making choices what earth do you go to, where do you make the change? See the expansion level is beyond our scope of comprehension. 8 billion earths being made every single second with every single choice infinity will get a new meaning.

directional time travel is not possible... Sending data is possible because it can rewrite the source of history "the very beginning" editing all the frames basically. Going back a few seconds is almost impossible because again atoms move about constantly how do you find each and every single one of them and pull them back to there former location? "like a pixel in a photo"

i am not saying time travel is impossible... i am saying we simply don't know enough to actually do it. Maybe there is a shortcut that allows us to move into a state of pure energy and then allow us to move into past states of energy if that exists then yes it is possible but that means physically you will not exist as you as a person needs to be converted into a state of pure energy and now people we are borderline next to the supernatural state of the soul itself because it is essentially our life energy.
The earth you go to is the choice you have a opportunity to make.When you go to the past
your time can still move forwards.Because when you are in your time machine it is still moving forwards.

TimeFlipper

I usually avoid all posting dealing with Debates. All people do is talk in cheerful circles, and very little information really comes of the debate postings.

Time Travel is the most dangerous thing a human could possibly try to do. Your chances of successfully leaving and coming back to your original world-line is less than 1%, if you try to Physical Time Travel with real Time Travel Equipment.

(I am not taking about HDR's here)
The Prof summed up this original posting very succinctly and what he said is absolutely correct :)
As usual i try to read "between the lines" of the Prof`s postings and i hope he wont mind me answering him with my own thoughts :D
In my humble opinion, the general public (and me) knew little if anything about time-travel until 1978 when The Philadelphia Experiment book written by Charles Berlitz and William Moore went into bookshops around the world..

I first became aware of it by virtue of an advertisement in 1979 on the UK ITV channel, which was the first and ONLY time that a book had actually been advertised on TV...W H Smith were selling them at the time and naturally i bought a copy! :D
It is possible that without that book being printed, we would not be here on Paranormalis now because shortly after, lots and lots of "authors" were suddenly writing about time-travel and of course when the internet got into full swing it became a prime topic :)

The point iam making is that in this book, when the ship returns from its TT trip nearly half the crew are missing and some of them were "embedded" into the top deck of the ship.. (sadly those guys had to be shot dead as there was no possible way to help them :().
John Von Neumann was tasked by the US Navy to come up with a solution to the problem and he discovered that every single person is born with a "time-line" that keeps up anchored to this dimension or reality, and if we leave our dimension then the same things happen as did to those sailors....

Von Neumann came up with the answer, he discovered a way that "fools" our minds and bodies into believing that we are still within our own dimension by creating a false dimensional "bubble" around us electronically...It was reckoned at the time it cost the US navy $5million to fund the project!...Unfortunately i cannot get the you tube clip i was hoping to show you, but please take a look on you tube at John Von Neumann interview, its a 2:30 clip and there are more postings on him :)

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

This is The John Von Neumann Documentary that also includes the clip i wanted to show you.. iam still watching this Documentary, and finding it extremely interesting :)