Is Yahweh breaking an objective moral tenet?

Gnostic Christian

Is Yahweh breaking an objective moral tenet?

I have found few examples of an objective moral tenet but think that, --- the good of the many, outweighs the good of the few, --- to be an objective moral tenet. It seems correct in all situations.

You might disagree with an example where this tenet is not objective or applicable.

Yahweh seems to put the good of the few ahead of the good of the many. Scriptures indicate that the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven.

In thinking of this, I also thought that Yahweh was breaking another moral tenet by putting his life above his own child’s. He sent Jesus to die instead of stepping up himself, to appease his own wrath against man.

Should fathers put themselves and their lives above their children’s, or should fathers protect their children at all costs?

I know that few like to answer moral questions as we all have a bit of moral coward in us.

Do try to answer both of my questions please.

Regards
DL

start at edge

Any similar dilemma always has an origin, so this particular dilemma I explain (at least to myself) originating from something like this:
Everything would be otherwise, if the scriptures you mentioned would state something completely different (even opposite). I am sure there are cases when, in scriptures (writings) of different religions, some particular issue is regarded from completely different (even opposite) perspective. For example, the (their) religion itself is told to be the right one, the true one, especially by religious fanatics. The only way to bring logic to this, is that an absolute truth can not ever come from religion. There is a lot of scientific stuff for which science itself could not establish an absolute truth and in these circumstances someone comes and tells me that he got the right answer and that answer is religious in nature – I don’t buy that. Religions (all of them) were invented, sometimes adjusted every now and then. Some people say that in religion or politics, they believe the least – I say that I don’t believe at all.
After all, it is a matter of perspective. For example something good for some, means something bad for others, so even the notions of good and bad are somehow relative.
According to the scriptures you mentioned, the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven … is that good? is that bad? … ask a good person, then ask an evil person – the answers will definitely be completely different (even opposite).
Healthy moral norms (also history) tell us that parents always protect their children. These norms got to be of “healthy moral” because this happened in the immense majority of cases. So, I think that what made them morally healthy was a big diversity and variety – not religion. There may have been a man who was crucified two thousand years ago, I don’t doubt that … what I doubt is that he was sent by his father. That is only written in the scriptures which doesn't mean that we "know" that - it was a metaphor spoken by himself and that man became an example of good for Christians, as many other religions do not even have this character in their writings and teachings. There are similarities, of course, as all religions provide the same teaching at some point – do not do any harm to others. There are a lot of discrepancies and the first that comes to my mind is about Adam and Eve. They were both punished and thrown out of Eden, even though Adam had absolutely no idea what is being set up for him, he only trusted his female partner and took a bite from the apple she gave him. This particular part of the story has always made me ask a question – why didn’t Eve take a bite first?
A beautiful story is also about Romeo and Juliet – it is interesting how only some of the stories eventually ended up as religions.

Last edited:

Gnostic Christian

Religious meant fiction back then. Only modern dysfunctional thinking reads myths literally.

The religious hierarchy have been preaching that but the sheeple are sheeple and like to KISS.

According to the scriptures you mentioned, the many will end in hell while the few will end in heaven … is that good? is that bad? … ask a good person, then ask an evil person – the answers will definitely be completely different (even opposite).

This is interesting.

Give a short proof of concept.

Regards
DL

start at edge

This is interesting.

Give a short proof of concept.

Regards
DL
I would gladly offer a short proof, but to do that I would first have to ask a lot of people and categorize their answers, I would also have to make sure which of them is a good person and which is a bad person … I can not do this right now, as my life (and life in general here) became a little messy and we have some additional concerns that we did not have a short while ago.

Gnostic Christian

I would gladly offer a short proof, but to do that I would first have to ask a lot of people and categorize their answers, I would also have to make sure which of them is a good person and which is a bad person … I can not do this right now, as my life (and life in general here) became a little messy and we have some additional concerns that we did not have a short while ago.

Add in the subjectivity factor and I do not think there is a proof of this concept.

Even the most evil of us will think him or herself good. At least to ones self.

Times are creating many concerns for us buddy. I hope you deal well with yours.

Regards
DL

start at edge

Add in the subjectivity factor and I do not think there is a proof of this concept.

Even the most evil of us will think him or herself good. At least to ones self.

Times are creating many concerns for us buddy. I hope you deal well with yours.

Regards
DL
You think deep indeed. I guess this was something I didn’t think about … ask a bad person about himself and he’ll tell you that he is a good person – yes, you’re right. Yet, I think that most of them know about themselves that they are bad, but only speak out otherwise.
About my (additional) concerns, I try to do my best coping with them. It is pretty hard, but after drawing a line, the result seems to (still) be with a plus sign. I can only hope it will not sink below zero.

Gnostic Christian

You think deep indeed. I guess this was something I didn’t think about … ask a bad person about himself and he’ll tell you that he is a good person – yes, you’re right. Yet, I think that most of them know about themselves that they are bad, but only speak out otherwise.
About my (additional) concerns, I try to do my best coping with them. It is pretty hard, but after drawing a line, the result seems to (still) be with a plus sign. I can only hope it will not sink below zero.

That is the best of all possible worlds., as it is the only possible world.

We are all doing the best we can with what we have at all points in time.

That is a consequence of living in the best and only possible world, given our past conditions.

Science is a harsh mistress.

Regards
DL

start at edge

That is the best of all possible worlds., as it is the only possible world.

We are all doing the best we can with what we have at all points in time.

That is a consequence of living in the best and only possible world, given our past conditions.

Science is a harsh mistress.

Regards
DL
You made a great point there by using “POSSIBLE worlds”.
There might be other worlds, but probably very few have access to them.
Science is a harsh mistress indeed.

start at edge

That is somehow my theory too. I try to do the best I can and to be at peace with myself with what have. It is probably up to us to make our world the best suited for us … or maybe it would be better to look from the other perspective – WE are the ones who should adjust to the world the best way we can.