it runs on air

gomp

it runs on air

Ok a few years back I found this article about a motor that took ruegular air in and used the heat in the air to produce motion and cooler air came out the back.
the whole consept was awsome to me I reasd the web site over and over again. then one day the web site was gone, and I coudlent find any more info about it.
Has any one else heard about this device?
does any one know what happend to the guy that invented it?
cause I still to this day wanna find out more.

Lucidus

Re: it runs on air

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"gomp\")</div>
Ok a few years back I found this article about a motor that took ruegular air in and used the heat in the air to produce motion and cooler air came out the back.
the whole consept was awsome to me I reasd the web site over and over again. then one day the web site was gone, and I coudlent find any more info about it.
cause I still to this day wanna find out more.[/b]

I remember this too. The car was powered with compresed air and according to the article the inventor had several contracts with major cities to provide air powered fleets of cars. I too would be interested in knowing what ever became of this project.

astralsailor

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
I remember this too. The car was powered with compresed air and according to the article the inventor had several contracts with major cities to provide air powered fleets of cars. I too would be interested in knowing what ever became of this project.[/b]

I never heard about that one but i did hear about a car running on water.
And the inventor "mysteriasly" dissapered /:)

gomp

I am pretty sure that it jsut ran on normal room temp air, not compressed air and it used the heat in the air to run.
I wish I knew what happend wit hthat thing the way gass prices are these days a car that ran on air would be awsome

Chaos12

He was probably secretly shut up with a large sum of money, or killed. To keep profit back in gas.

systemoftheuniverse

wouldn't this have limited power? The4 power of compressing the air should be greater then the power of heat(converted with some type of solar panel) in the air???

systemoftheuniverse

what about hydrogen cars. I saw some type of 20/20 show that showed GM's model hydrogen car. Yet they never said why it wasn't being released. I assumed it's max speed was 45mph or that there was problems with the hydrogen if it crashed.

Bernard

If any work is done then it is a known physical fact that for work to be done that energy must be converted.

If you use hot air and convert it to work then energy is transformed into work and the medium must be cooler.

Bernard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"gomp\")</div>
cause I still to this day wanna find out more.[/b]

thenumbersix

also heard ofsomething like this, a few years back now. Definitely there was the guy who had a car running on water.

Have seen a link recently where someone was getting some unusual results from attempting to split water down to it's base atoms, will see if i can find the link..maybe it was the same principal that made is feasible.

Though running a car on water must be splitting water down to hydrogen and oxygen and burning them to power the car, might even be possible to convert a standard combustion engine reasonably cheaply..