It's A Conspiracy!

taykair

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories. This could be because many of them are contradictory to known facts. Sorry, but I don't believe that we are living on the inside of a hollow Earth, and that all the governments on Earth (perhaps, in this case, I should say inside the Earth) are conspiring to keep this knowledge from us.

Or, It could be that my disbelief is due to the fact that some of these theories require an all-powerful cabal which controls every aspect of our lives (even though we humans have a difficult enough time controlling ourselves, much less anyone else).

Or it might be because conspiracies, by definition, must involve more than one person and, when more than one person is privy to a secret, the chances that it will remain secret are reduced in proportion to the number of people who know it. Most of us are atrocious secret-keepers.

Yet, I still occasionally read about, or watch on YouTube, theories which I know are pure bunk. Why? Because of the entertainment value, of course. I don't believe any of them, but damn if they're not good for a laugh or two.

Still, I am concerned about those who do believe in such nonsense. No. That's not quite true. I'm concerned about some of them. The rest can go fu... er... have intercourse with themselves.

Time for a list. A very short list of the various groups which make up the conspiracy-minded among us.

First, there is the small group which believes in these theories because they actually suffer from mental or emotional problems. Although they are mocked by some as the "tin-foil hat crowd" or "conspiracy nuts", they are more deserving of our sympathy and help than our derision. With counseling and, if needed, proper medication, these people can find their way out of the darkness which fills their lives. This is one of the groups - in fact the main group - which I feel sympathy for. They believe what they believe because they just can't help it.

Next, there is a much larger group which holds to a conspiracy theory because doing so allows them to experience things which their normal lives are unable to provide. They gain a sense of excitement from learning about the labyrinthine machinations employed by the conspirators to hide the "truth" from the rest of us. More importantly, this group's "knowledge" gives them a feeling of superiority over the "sheeple" (one of their favorite words to describe those of us who choose to live in the real world). I confess that I don't feel quite as much sympathy for this group as I do for the first. They are difficult to converse with, and nearly impossible to convince, since any fact which departs from their cherished theory is either ignored or twisted to fit into their theory. However, other than their mistaken view of how things really are, most of them are rather harmless, live normal lives, and can be interesting to talk to - as long as the subject that is discussed is something other than their pet theory.

Lastly, there is the small group which originates (or, to put it better, fabricates) these theories. Some do it out of pure maliciousness. They may have a personal grudge against a particular person or group of people and, by smearing them with the "conspirator" label, they seek to do harm to them. (The "Trump is a Russian pawn" conspiracy theory comes to mind). Others start these silly theories due to another motivation: They want to make a buck. Pick a conspiracy theory - any conspiracy theory - and you will find a small group of liars and cheats who are making a mint off of books, lectures, monetized YouTube videos, and even T-shirts which support the theory.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for capitalism. But capitalism implies a value given for a value received. These bastards are selling lies and taking advantage of the gullible and the ignorant. That's not capitalism. It's fraud. And that is why I suggest that they all become regular practitioners of self-intercourse.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I have an Illuminati meeting to attend. I understand that Elvis will be giving a lecture on how the aliens at Area 51 were responsible for the 9/11 attacks. If those sheeple only knew the truth...

Take care.

Last edited:

titorite

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia

Sometimes conspiracies exist because people want to hide the truth of the matter. Then they get exposed because lies suck.
When you get to that meeting tell em to take responsibility for their offshoot fraternal brotherhoods … god knows those skull and bone fuckers have really screwed up US politics.

titorite

Tell me , what is the difference between someone who makes conspiracy theories and someone else who investigate inconsistencies in narratives?

TimeFlipper

Tell me , what is the difference between someone who makes conspiracy theories and someone else who investigate inconsistencies in narratives?

I asked you if your Liberty Truth and Justice for all, included conspiracy theorists...If you dont want to answer it, its ok, you have the right not to answer it, but providing a question is not an answer...:)..

titorite

Whats wrong with answering a question with another question? Besides TO be perfectly clear I am curious about your definition of a "conspiracy theorist" and if you think anyone that questions things is lumped into that stereotype.

TimeFlipper

Whats wrong with answering a question with another question? Besides TO be perfectly clear I am curious about your definition of a "conspiracy theorist" and if you think anyone that questions things is lumped into that stereotype.

I was interested to know if your own, "Liberty Truth and Justice for all", extends to Conspiracy Theorists, the type who YOU described as Conspiracy Theorists, not me or anybody else....Its a very simple question to answer and all i get from you is evasion...Please answer my question, Yes or No....Its that simple (y) :)....

If you refuse to answer yes or no, i will simply put you down as a hypocrite, and ignore anymore comments on this thread, as iam already getting bored with your evasions and i dont wish to create an argument out of a simple straight forward question that i asked you :cool:..

titorite

OH my god whats with the sensitive snowflake attitude LOL? Hypocrite? Of what? How on earth do you construe that I am somehow doing the opposite of what I say? I think you dont know what the word hypocrite means.

Also if you dont know what the word "All" means I would suggest you google that word too.

Come on dude, this is 4th grade vocabulary here. You should know the meaning of these words by this time in your life.

Also I dont remember me describing what a " conspiracy theorist " is per se. I was not asked to describe what I think a conspiracy theorist is. Although I did pose a question regarding that to you , ….. which I never got an answer for.... but im not gonna call you a hypocrite over it.

Last edited: