It's True and I Have a Sandwich to Prove It

1timeonly

Okay, so I made this time machine out of some spare parts, various lengths of wire, and a generous supply of Unrealium that I had on hand. It was more of a time chamber actually. Okay, it was one of my kitchen cabinets. The tall skinny one that I use to store brooms, mops, and stuff like that. It was a tight fit but I managed to fit inside if I sucked in my gut and held my breath.

Anyways, I decided that I would use it after I had lunch. It was about quarter to noon, and I hadn't had breakfast. My plan was to wait until 1:00 pm and then set the controls to go back one hour into the past. I didn't want to go back any further than that because I wasn't really sure about it. What if I got shot by rebels in 1863, or trampled to death by a brontosaurus? No thanks! An hour would do just fine.

Anyways, I poured myself a glass of milk and used the last of my peanut butter, jelly and bread to make myself a sandwich.

It was kinda weird about the sandwich. I thought I had more peanut butter, jelly, and bread than I remembered, but I didn't think anything about it at the time.

Anyways, I sat down at the kitchen table, said a short blessing to the God of Science, and started to take a bite. I looked up at the clock and it was high noon.

So there I am, about to take the first bite of my PB&J, when all the sudden there's this whooshing sound and somebody steps out of the broom closet... I mean, the time chamber.

It was me! At least he looked like me. The only difference I could see was that he had some breadcrumbs on his shirt and a little bit of jelly at the corner of his mouth. Now, I'm a messy eater, so that checked out. This guy had to be me from the future, right?

Anyways, this guy just walks over to where I'm sitting and, bold as brass, grabs my sandwich and, without even a thank you, turns around, fiddles around with the controls of my time chamber, gets back in the broom closet, and WHOOOSH, he's gone.

Okay, so now I'm pissed, right? I get cranky when I get hungry, and this asshole from the future just waltzes in and steals my lunch. A totally dick move, if you ask me. Not something that I would do at all.

And then it hits me. I hadn't invented a time machine at all. That other guy must have come from a parallel universe! An evil one, most likely. Where else could that bastard have come from but an evil universe? Damn thief.

I had to make sure though. So I didn't go into the chamber at 1:00 pm like I planned. I waited for like two or three hours, but my sandwich did not reappear. This proved, at least to me, that the son of a bitch who stole my sandwich was not me from the future. I mean, if I never went into the chamber to begin with, then it couldn't have been future-me who came out, right?

Anyways, I tinkered with the chamber a little more so it would behave like a proper time machine and not like some damned portal to the Lunch-thief Universe. Everything looked fine though. I couldn't find anything wrong with the setup. The Titor tanks were a bit low, but that was to be expected after using the chamber -- even though I wasn't the one who used it.

The thing is I couldn't just top off the tanks with more Unrealium. Too dangerous. You have to drain those suckers first then refill them and that takes time, so by the time I was done it was close to midnight. Man, was I hungry!

All the stores were closed, so I decided to try an experiment.

First, I went back 24 hours and, while past-me was sleeping, I fixed myself a PB&J. And then another. It was then that I suddenly realized that the reason I was running short of peanut butter, jelly, and bread was because I had stolen it from myself.

I'll be damned! It was a time machine all along!

So then, just for spite, I went back to 12 noon and got my original sandwich back. I was damned if I was gonna let that asshole enjoy it.

Oh... wait.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Okay, so I made this time machine out of some spare parts, various lengths of wire, and a generous supply of Unrealium that I had on hand. It was more of a time chamber actually. Okay, it was one of my kitchen cabinets. The tall skinny one that I use to store brooms, mops, and stuff like that. It was a tight fit but I managed to fit inside if I sucked in my gut and held my breath.

Anyways, I decided that I would use it after I had lunch. It was about quarter to noon, and I hadn't had breakfast. My plan was to wait until 1:00 pm and then set the controls to go back one hour into the past. I didn't want to go back any further than that because I wasn't really sure about it. What if I got shot by rebels in 1863, or trampled to death by a brontosaurus? No thanks! An hour would do just fine.

Anyways, I poured myself a glass of milk and used the last of my peanut butter, jelly and bread to make myself a sandwich.

It was kinda weird about the sandwich. I thought I had more peanut butter, jelly, and bread than I remembered, but I didn't think anything about it at the time.

Anyways, I sat down at the kitchen table, said a short blessing to the God of Science, and started to take a bite. I looked up at the clock and it was high noon.

So there I am, about to take the first bite of my PB&J, when all the sudden there's this whooshing sound and somebody steps out of the broom closet... I mean, the time chamber.

It was me! At least he looked like me. The only difference I could see was that he had some breadcrumbs on his shirt and a little bit of jelly at the corner of his mouth. Now, I'm a messy eater, so that checked out. This guy had to be me from the future, right?

Anyways, this guy just walks over to where I'm sitting and, bold as brass, grabs my sandwich and, without even a thank you, turns around, fiddles around with the controls of my time chamber, gets back in the broom closet, and WHOOOSH, he's gone.

Okay, so now I'm pissed, right? I get cranky when I get hungry, and this asshole from the future just waltzes in and steals my lunch. A totally dick move, if you ask me. Not something that I would do at all.

And then it hits me. I hadn't invented a time machine at all. That other guy must have come from a parallel universe! An evil one, most likely. Where else could that bastard have come from but an evil universe? Damn thief.

I had to make sure though. So I didn't go into the chamber at 1:00 pm like I planned. I waited for like two or three hours, but my sandwich did not reappear. This proved, at least to me, that the son of a bitch who stole my sandwich was not me from the future. I mean, if I never went into the chamber to begin with, then it couldn't have been future-me who came out, right?

Anyways, I tinkered with the chamber a little more so it would behave like a proper time machine and not like some damned portal to the Lunch-thief Universe. Everything looked fine though. I couldn't find anything wrong with the setup. The Titor tanks were a bit low, but that was to be expected after using the chamber -- even though I wasn't the one who used it.

The thing is I couldn't just top off the tanks with more Unrealium. Too dangerous. You have to drain those suckers first then refill them and that takes time, so by the time I was done it was close to midnight. Man, was I hungry!

All the stores were closed, so I decided to try an experiment.

First, I went back 24 hours and, while past-me was sleeping, I fixed myself a PB&J. And then another. It was then that I suddenly realized that the reason I was running short of peanut butter, jelly, and bread was because I had stolen it from myself.

I'll be damned! It was a time machine all along!

So then, just for spite, I went back to 12 noon and got my original sandwich back. I was damned if I was gonna let that asshole enjoy it.

Oh... wait.
Thanks for that great story, it took me 15 minutes to recover from a laughing bout!! :ROFLMAO:
Your writing reminds me of a guy that used to come on here and post "those" types of stories, lets call him LH..;) :LOL:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Welcome fellow time traveler!

You mention Titor Tanks, as part of your time travel apparatus. It leads me to believe, that you were able to get your hands on the rare elusive element known as Titorium, which we use as a time field stabilizer nowadays.

See, Titorium is one of the rarest elements of the extended periodic table. How so? Well, it can only be found in one, single and unique timeline. We usually call it the Titorium timeline, but before we discovered Titorium, it was known as the 5100 Timeline. I don't have its multiversal ID number in mind right now.

We know there are infinite timelines, so there are also an infinite number of Titors. Some of them didn't make it back to 2036. Some of them lost their IBM 5100 along the way. Somehow, ALL those lost IBM 5100 ended up in one particular timeline. That timeline is basically a devastated, desert Earth, that is entirely and utterly buried under ever-growing, miles-high mountains of IBM 5100s. A giant, planet-wide 5100 junkyard.

We don't know where exactly those lost 5100 came from, how they got there, or what happened to them. But they somehow all got there, presumably lost in the midst of time by Titors who got stuck in the void in-between timelines. Within these computers are electrolytic capacitors. And inside each of these capacitors, somehow, a tiny, tiny amount of a then-unknown element accumulated. Titorium. It's extracted using numerous unusual chemical processing, and can then be used to stabilize time fields, as mentioned earlier.

So, looking forward to hearing more about that Titorium. Did you harvest it yourself from the 5100 junkyard timeline? Or did you get it on the gray market? (Equivalent of the black market, but in the multiverse, you know)