Jetson One - Official Launch

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Very cool. I want this now. I'd be able to bypass the school car line with ease.

I don't know how much computer control is installed. But the drones you can buy for aerial surveillance have builtin GPS landing features that allow the drone to return home almost to the takeoff spot. It depends somewhat on wind conditions too. There would be a learning curve if manual pilot mode is all that is available. Did you notice the price? $90,000. They have orders booked up for the next year and a half.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's a neat vehicle. Only thing is... I don't see how they'd let anyone fly it close to a populated area. Let alone in a city.

That's one of the issues with flying cars like in BTTF2. Did people have a flying permit to get on the sky highway? As seen in the movie, the flying cars didn't have any kind of AI to assist. It was 100% freestyle. People would crash left and right in real life!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
It's a neat vehicle. Only thing is... I don't see how they'd let anyone fly it close to a populated area. Let alone in a city.

That's one of the issues with flying cars like in BTTF2. Did people have a flying permit to get on the sky highway? As seen in the movie, the flying cars didn't have any kind of AI to assist. It was 100% freestyle. People would crash left and right in real life!

I notice the vehicle weight is posted at 90lbs. I think that is considered an ultralight aircraft. They don't regulate those. I used to fly RC aircraft. There is a lot of skill necessary to master air flight. It would have to have AI assist for landings. I don't recall anything being mentioned about parachute and airbag deployment in case of battery failure.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I don't know how much computer control is installed. But the drones you can buy for aerial surveillance have builtin GPS landing features that allow the drone to return home almost to the takeoff spot. It depends somewhat on wind conditions too. There would be a learning curve if manual pilot mode is all that is available. Did you notice the price? $90,000. They have orders booked up for the next year and a half.

I'm sure you'd have to have a special license from the FCC as well. And yes, citizens should be trained on these things. I'd love to play with it on my property, but $90,000 -- phew.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Yes, and destroy power lines, crash through houses, etc. There would need to be training!

steven chiverton

This actually looks small enough to land on your driveway. I suppose you would have less complaining neighbors if you lived in a rural area with a larger land parcel.

Here is a link to the manufacturers website: Jetson - Personal Electric Aerial Vehicle
the first two digits of the price in color white are so distorted and faded i cant read it if thats an advertised price they wont sell if they cant display it clearly and even worse if they display a faded white price over white background is sloppy in advertisement