Jodie Whittaker

Into the Mystic

I'm not mad BECAUSE the new doctor is female. I'm mad because they are using this show for political purposes. I mean hell --- they have Torchwood --- time traveling gays and lesbians..... (good show, however). So, is the left saying that EVERY show on the planet has to make a political statement about them? Do we watch sci-fi for political views or to escape reality?

Doctor Who has always been a left-wing show. Always. And sci-fi as a whole is a left wing genre. I'd have thought it was pretty obvious.

TimeFlipper

I'm not mad BECAUSE the new doctor is female. I'm mad because they are using this show for political purposes. I mean hell --- they have Torchwood --- time traveling gays and lesbians..... (good show, however). So, is the left saying that EVERY show on the planet has to make a political statement about them? Do we watch sci-fi for political views or to escape reality?

Doctor Who has always been a left-wing show. Always. And sci-fi as a whole is a left wing genre. I'd have thought it was pretty obvious.

I find your comment very interesting, and would like more clarification please (y).

If you look at the labour party as it stands at the moment in the UK, you will find a very far left party (thankfully not in power)...Part of their desires was to try to form a dialogue with known terrorists such as ISIS, which is crass stupidity simply because of their fanatical belief system in wanting to impose their will upon the whole of our world..

What iam doing here is trying form an analogy between ISIS and the nemesis of Dr Who, the Daleks!..:eek:
Dr Who would never try to form a dialogue with them as he or she knows it would be futile because of "their" fanatical belief system, the same would apply to the Cyber Men or any other known danger to our civilisation...::LOL::

Therefore i personally see the Doctor as being a right wing person, and certainly NOT a loony leftie :LOL:..

Into the Mystic

I find your comment very interesting, and would like more clarification please (y).

If you look at the labour party as it stands at the moment in the UK, you will find a very far left party (thankfully not in power)...Part of their desires was to try to form a dialogue with known terrorists such as ISIS, which is crass stupidity simply because of their fanatical belief system in wanting to impose their will upon the whole of our world..

What iam doing here is trying form an analogy between ISIS and the nemesis of Dr Who, the Daleks!..:eek:
Dr Who would never try to form a dialogue with them as he or she knows it would be futile because of "their" fanatical belief system, the same would apply to the Cyber Men or any other known danger to our civilisation...::LOL::

Therefore i personally see the Doctor as being a right wing person, and certainly NOT a loony leftie :LOL:..

The Daleks were based on the Nazis. Again, that should be obvious.

The Doctor always tries to avoid violent solutions wherever possible.

Labour did not want to form a dialogue with ISIS. That is absolute nonsense. Where on earth did you hear that???

This is a good article on politics in Doctor Who: The politics of Doctor Who: satire has always followed the Doctor through time

Doctor Who is firmly on the left.

TimeFlipper

Jeremy Corbin most certainly DID want to form a dialogue with ISIS, he didnt even like it when one of the ISIS bosses was killed by the Americans on a drone strike, he said he should have been arrested and brought to trial :ROFLMAO:

Go and take a look at Corbin on the Andrew Marr show January17th 2016 where he said that the "UK government should keep some form of diplomatic back channel open to ISIS"...Which simply meant if HE was in power HE would open dialogue with them!..

The loony left wingers such as Corbin live in a fantasy world of idealism, which on the surface of it appears admirable, but in the harsh reality of life as it is now in the 21st century, that vile ISIS needs to be defeated, and it soon will be thank goodness..But if you want to try and treat them pleasantly with nice chats between them and governments while they carry on murdering innocent people, i suppose you have the right to believe in that..

I dont concern myself with the thoughts of one persons concept on the politics of Dr Who, and i really dont think why it should be obvious that the Daleks were based on the Nazi`s, i did ask for clarification, so please tell me....And then i can leave this Dr Who scenario before it gets into a political argument.....thank you :)