Podcast John Titor and Time Travel the Real Story

CDS

The fascinating case of John Titor. Piecing together Titor's story from postings on Internet forums going back to November 2000 through March 2001 is Oliver Williams. Using the names "Timetravel_0" and later "John Titor," the author of the posts claimed to be a time traveler from the year 2036. He provided details about his time machine, why he was here, as well as what the future was like. Williams said some people believe the things Titor described about the future are now coming to pass.

Titor also seemed to be in agreement with current scientific theory about how time travel actually works, Williams noted. Williams believes that we could be living in an alternate reality that was changed by Titor's visit in 1975.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Interesting. The Titor story is so seductive, it ticks the right boxes and feels sincere. It's a tough one to call. Where he is 'out' in his predictions, he's miles out; but most of the posts have a ring of truth and seem logical. The Jury's still out.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I've just been reading some of the threads in relation to time travelers now coming out of the woodwork since John Titor. All very interesting.

Maybe Titors mission was just to plant the seed in our heads that time travel is not this unobtainable goal, millions of years ahead of us but something that can be fashioned relatively easily with the right tools and know how. Maybe Titor needs the more powerful devices in his 2036 and to do so he traveled back in time to introduce time travel on a basic level to enquiring minds now, so that we can start work on time machines now (even if just in theory), so that in his Worldline in 2036 their devices will become that much better. Before he left Titor made it plain that everything that he had written was done with planning and thought, that he had left some tantalising clues and secret predictions. I have always been curious as to why he went into great depths about his time machine whilst was so vague about other areas. Maybe it was as simple as a giant arrow to mankind 'Start work on a time machine here!' ..because we will desperately need it in the future.

Although a bigger question along this theory would be why do they need those better devices?

..and another thing, while I'm on my soapbox..

Has anyone ever considered John Titor was a bad guy?!
Any theories out there?

Tron1

The fascinating case of John Titor. Piecing together Titor's story from postings on Internet forums going back to November 2000 through March 2001 is Oliver Williams. Using the names "Timetravel_0" and later "John Titor," the author of the posts claimed to be a time traveler from the year 2036. He provided details about his time machine, why he was here, as well as what the future was like. Williams said some people believe the things Titor described about the future are now coming to pass.

Titor also seemed to be in agreement with current scientific theory about how time travel actually works, Williams noted. Williams believes that we could be living in an alternate reality that was changed by Titor's visit in 1975.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
This is one tale that has been thoroughly debunked. But still lots of interest, and believers still refuse to throw in the towel on this one.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
In the picture you will note that only the light from the laser is being bent. None of the light reflecting off the interior of the car is bent or distorted. Another thing is that if gravity was strong enough to visibly bend light, you and the camera would become so heavy that even attempting to lift your arm would be impossible. I calculated one time how much gravity it would take to bend light to that degree. The intensity is so high that you would have to be inside a Black Hole for light to bend that much. That's impossible. The laser photo is fake. This is definitely an attempt at deception by the story teller.