John Titor on a future CJD pandemic

LordLoki

Here's something to consider: a disease outbreak doesn't have to be unintentional. What if the pandamic hinted at by Mr. Titor had been planed. It is not at all dificult to get a job at a fast food resturant. From there all one need do is inject the CJD prion into the burgers. Enough people in enough resturants could cause a major outbreak. Especially if someone altered the disease in a way that changed its methoud of transmission. That leaves three possibilities in regards to the article you linked. 1. It's a red hearing, unrelated in any way to the pandamic. 2. Because of Mr. Titor's hints, the culprits have made adjustments to their plans, and used a less effective methoud of distribution. 3. It's a test run. It mentions in the article that standard methouds of steralization are uneffective against CJD. When planing a pandamic, it only makes sense to "maximize distribution," leaving both situations as plausable.

Samstwitch

After rereading John's posts, I discovered he did mention CJD also related to surgical instruments. Underline emphasis mine. (Page 159 in the book.)

March 24, 2001

QUESTION: Do most of the people of that time die, especially ones that currently have health problems?

JOHN TITOR: Yes, and people are still dying and a great deal of them are passing from CJD. As I said, with my very first few posts almost 6 months ago, I want to emphasize how devastating this will be. I believe two people are confirmed dead in Colorado from CJD from surgical instruments.

Here is a link to the article John was referring to, also dated 3-21-1 (March 24, 2001): CJD Kills Again - Two Victims In Colorado

Here is a link to an article today:
Surgical Exposure to a Brain-Eating Protein

September 13, 2013 - New Hampshire health officials announced last week that hospitals in three New England states may have accidentally exposed 15 people to prions, the infectious protein that ravages the brain and leaves it full of holes. Evidently, the hospitals involved used surgical tools that had previously been deployed on a patient who officials suspect later died from a particular prion infection called sporadic Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD).

As disturbing as the revelation was, it pales in comparison with the announcement in 2002, when the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian announced that up to 4,000 patients might have been exposed to the prion. Both incidents show that the hospital transmission of prion diseases remains an ever-present possibility...
Continued: Click me to read Full Article

I would say even though this is on a small scale now, the CJD epidemic has begun, but perhaps it has not yet been detected, because there is no diagnostic test for CJD. It could also be misdiagnosed as other disease, such as Alzheimer's, etc.

Last edited:

outspoken

One question ive been pondering started by John Titor back in 2000/2001 is how vCJD would become a pandemic killing millions of people in the future, when in the past it's only killed a few people? In the worst case of vCJD maybe up to 15,000 British were infected. 15,000 people is a far cry from a pandemic affecting millions. And every time vCJD is detected the world bans meant exports from that country, effectively isolating the infection. So how does vCJD go from a small time player to a serial killer on the scale of AIDS?

A very good read is this report back in 2002 from the GAO. Very shocking stuff! According to the report, there are only a few ways you can get infected with vCJD:

1) By eating meat products.
2) By tainted surgical equipment for brain surgery
c) By blood transfusions

When an infection occurs, it is quickly isolated and stopped. For example, if someone gets vCJD eating infected meat, very quickly any possible infected cows are killed, and meat exports are banned for a few years, so it cant spread to other countries.

Recently vCJD was transmitted by tainted surgical instruments
, but maybe only a dozen people were infected before it was stopped. Again, we're not talking pandemics. We're talking a dozen people infected, then it's isolated and thats the end of the story. So how would vCJD infect millions of people, with all these safe guards in place, without anyone finding out until its too late?

vCJD can be detected in the brain, and in blood (obviously since it transmits via blood transfusion) - but what about milk? Doing research i couldnt find anything on vCJD being transmitted via milk. No one knows if an infected cow would spread vCJD through milk. It could be happening now and no one would know!

Interestingly, when vCJD is found meat exports from the infected country are banned, but not milk exports. From page 12 of 63 of that report:

"The ban excludes animal blood and blood products, gelatin, plate waste, milk and milk protein, and protein derived from pigs and horses (and other equines). Renderers, feed manufacturers and blenders, and feed distributors are subject to the ban."

So if vCJD is transmitted via milk, nothing would stop it, and we wouldnt even know because milk isnt tested for vCJD.

When asked, John Titor mentioned meat as causing vCJD every single time he was asked, except for once, when he said:

" Do most of the people of that time die, especially ones that currently have health problems?
Yes, and people are still dying and a great deal of them are passing from CJD. As I said, with my very first few posts almost 6 months ago, I want to emphasize how devastating this will be. I believe two people are confirmed dead in Colorado from CDJ from surgical instruments. Ahhhh, the power of cheese. Milk does a body good and beef is what's for dinner!"

I'm sure no one paid any attention to his comments at the time, but im sure John Titor regretted saying that, because he accidentally told us how it would spread. So back in 2000/2001 there was no evidence, no claims that milk or cheese transmitted vCJD, so why does he mention Milk and Cheese? Is he telling us Milk and Cheese will be the primary spreaders of vCJD?

John Titor often said he didnt trust our food, he asked his parents to make him a garden:

"What is your favorite food?
It's very hard for me to find food here. It all scares the Hell out of me. I've found a couple of local farms where I am reasonably sure the raw food is safe and my mother started a garden for me."

If you think about it, this comment doesnt make any sense. If vCJD is only transmitted by meat, brain surgery, and blood transfusions, all he has to do is avoid these things to avoid getting vCJD. However, if vCJD is transmitted via Milk and Cheese, then a lot of food like bread could be infected. The only way to avoid getting vCJD would be to grow your own food, because the bakery, the food store could be selling food made with infected Milk or Cheese. Heat does not kill vCJD so cooking bread would not kill it.

And like i said, if there was an outbreak of mad cow disease, milk and cheese would not be banned. You also have to consider that tainted milk mixed with other milk could infect all the milk. You could have one infected cow infecting the entire milk production at a plant. vCJD cannot be killed by disinfection or by heat, so disinfecting the milk or machinery would not kill it.

Page 8 of 36 in that report:

"Prions cannot be killed by conventional heat,irradiation, or chemical disinfection and sterilization procedures."

Time to start your own garden.

Ren

CJD is caused by mixing the parts of cows we don't eat (mostly in the bones) back into cow feed. In essence, cows are eating cows. This cycles the Prions and strengthens them each generation. These Prions attack the brain and nervous system quickly. The government banned this feed practice but they also blocked inspection of CJD in domestic and exported beef. The reason is that if people stopped eating hamburgers, it will damage the economy severely.

Human cannibals also get this disease which we call Head Hunter's Disease.

Lamb meat is also unsafe because of this same feed practice.

Pigs are safe because all of the pig is recycled and we eat the bones and guts in hot dogs.

It is unclear if a CJD epidemic will happen or not. It all depends on the continued government ban on feeding animal parts back to those same animals.

Nature abhors cannibalism and will punish naturally.

p-s-diag

Can't believe I just came across this forum. Then again, I was in high school when this started.

I'd love to clean up one small, but significant, fact for you guys though!

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease cannot, in any way, shape, or form, be transmitted through eating meat. PERIOD. It's never once been proven after the many tests run over the years.

JimmyD

Can't believe I just came across this forum. Then again, I was in high school when this started.

I'd love to clean up one small, but significant, fact for you guys though!

Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease cannot, in any way, shape, or form, be transmitted through eating meat. PERIOD. It's never once been proven after the many tests run over the years.

Like everything else in the Titor posts, the "Mad Cow Disease" references aren't actually about CJD.

It's code for "Angry Fat Girl" ...and probably a lame attempt at some kind of manipulation strategy.