John Titor on typewriters

HDRKID

John Titor said that in 2036 we would be using old school manual typewriters once more. This does not make any sense. Still, here we are in 2017 typing on a tiny little smartphone screen. Frankly, that makes even less sense. Perhaps, in the future, our electrical power grid is gone. He was talking about a global nuclear war. Still, using a manual typewriter requires resources. For example, you need ribbon and paper. Getting those might not be so easy... after a major war.

Taken From John Titor Time travler.
Saying things like they use manual typewriters because computer printers did not work well on 12-volt batteries.

Taken From John Titor - Worldline 2036
John says a mechanical typewriter is a major machine again in the future and the Internet still exists and is widely used.
Actually, what I said was, ".you may be surprised at how many people use typewriters." I don't understand the conflict. What's wrong with typewriters? At least you don't have to plug them in.

manual_typewriter_old_school.jpg

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I have a 1920's typewriter that looks almost just like that, but in better shape.

Typewriters -- nobody can electronically steal your documents. Some writers still swear by them as well.

HDRKID

Hi Paula:

Ah yes, you are right and I am wrong. Typewriters are on the comeback trail once more. They are not hackable and it is great for people who need to send secure messages.

Typewriters clatter into our busy lives once more. Cyber security is our reason. People fear an eavesdropping gov. Well, we could say that John Titor was right and we were wrong.
Kremlin Turns Back To Typewriters To Avoid Security Leaks | HuffPost

royal_iconic44.gif

Funny, how I never did picture John Titor's 2036 GE C204 Time Machine against the cacophonous clatter of a distant manual typewriter, but there we are. This sound was back in the 1950's a common noise... in newsrooms. Yeah, right up there with the clicks of a ticker tape machine and the smoke of an expensive cigar.

TimeFlipper

Personally i dont really believe in the John Titor saga, but if he was going to use a typewriter, it would be of the Electro-Mechanical type..
Those type of typewriters would have been capable of sending "text type" messages through a telephone, or with some modification, they could be used to send text type messages over the internet...:)

ELECTROMECHANICAL TYPEWRITER.jpg (y)

@HDRKID Sorry for being pedantic, but that movie His Girl Friday was made in 1940, which was the decade of the "Big Bands" such as Glen Miller and his orchestra ;)..

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Im posting this video for all fans of John Titor...:)
If you click onto the you tube link, you will see that John Titor with a clock at the side of his name, posted it on you tube...Im not sure if thats his way of telling his fans its really him or not...A more upto date version of this movie is The Adjustment Bureau..