John Titor - Original Conversations From 2001

BlastTyrant

Ah yes i have been going over this peridoically over the past week, and i gotta say and i know the TT crowd may very well possibly rip me apart for this, but it all looks to me like Suggestive phrases wich lead them selfs open to suggestion, ya know like the "Talking to the dead" guy use to do. "something will happen in 2012 but i wont say what i will leave it as a suprise" well duh alot can happen in 2012, but once something actually does everyone will be like LOOK LOOK LOOK HE PREDICTED IT!! I see more people debunking than i actually do proving there statments. anyone can do a prediction with a chance of it actually happening and the more in-depth the character the more people are willing to listen and believe it. I dunno my 2 cent's but i am gonna get the heck outta here now cause i can hear the pitchforks getting sharpened. BlastTyrant OUT!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
BlastTyrant

So do you think they will use imaginary pitchforks to defend their imaginary beliefs? But I personally can't make up my mind . Is it an imaginary belief system, or just plane old disinformation?

BlastTyrant

Einstein

I'm not gonna completely rule out Time travel as i am sure it is possible, but i do believe if you mess with the past it will have effects on the future and thats why i don't believe that these time travelers are actually real, who is to say someone take's one of there posts seriously and does something that isnt in his character like assassinating the president that would completely throw the future as they know it in a spin, i am more likely to believe that people come back and study and observe rather than interact like these "Time traverls" have been.

And Imaginary pitchforks can be the dealiest of them all! i know instead of steel mine would have lazers :LOL:

BlastTyrant

Ah, the law of unintended consequences.
Temporal i see you around this forum alot perhaps your the guy to talk to seeing as you haven't throwin anything at me yet.

But as you put it "Law of unintended consequences" shouldn't these Time Travlers be warned and told of this before going back in time? Who is to say when John Titor wen't back for the Pc that he was after that by telling half the internet someone decided to make a improved version of the software titor was going after therefor making titors system obsolete and titor never actually going back into the past or completely changing his mission.

Or as my previous statement a group goes renegade after reading titors message and causes a mass riot destroying half of america, that would completely alter Titors future, why risk that for a little internet fame? thats why it seems to be fake to me.

Prediction can be done by anyone with little to no research.

Ah, the law of unintended consequences.
Temporal i see you around this forum alot perhaps your the guy to talk to seeing as you haven't throwin anything at me yet.

But as you put it "Law of unintended consequences" shouldn't these Time Travlers be warned and told of this before going back in time? Who is to say when John Titor wen't back for the Pc that he was after that by telling half the internet someone decided to make a improved version of the software titor was going after therefor making titors system obsolete and titor never actually going back into the past or completely changing his mission.

Or as my previous statement a group goes renegade after reading titors message and causes a mass riot destroying half of america, that would completely alter Titors future, why risk that for a little internet fame? thats why it seems to be fake to me.

Prediction can be done by anyone with little to no research.

Good question.

We may get our idea of "thou shalt not change the past" from popular literature and not necessarily from any real knowledge or experience. This idea that history is inviolate and sacred and the "natural progression of things" may never be changed sounds a lot like the commandment laid down by Gene Roddenberry when he conceived of the "Prime Directive" and its non-interference policy. Why can't we change the past? What is so sacred about it? And, more to the point in another thread, we wouldn't even know the difference to begin with.

And this brings us to something I've been meaning to bring up for a while: Our history.

Time Travel is real and is happening now. We know this because the evidence is in and well documented.
----------------------------------------------​
(Not to sound like a commercial, but if you haven't read Conviction of a Time Traveler, I recommend it. Lots of updated information and evidence never before seen. Don't take my word for it, ask around).
----------------------------------------------​
If we accept that time travel is real and happening now, then, on any scale you wish to measure, time travelers are changing our past. Just by virtue of being here they have changed it. If, for example, a time traveler were to rent a room in my house, he has now taken the place of the person I would have rented to, thus precluding me from meeting and interacting with that person, possibly sending my life in a completely different direction. Of course, change can happen on a larger scale, say recommending to the radar operators on the hill in Hawaii to have a second look at their radar screens, to borrow a previous example.

My point here is: There is nothing in our history that is "as it should be." And from our perspective, we can't even measure how MUCH our history has changed by the actions of time travelers in our past. To transplant a question from a recent post:

How do mission planners and analysts measure the success of a mission?

BlastTyrant

Don't you consider it a bit morally wrong to interfere with live's like that though?? i am not one for destiny but i do believe the people we meet in life are there to serve a purpose, and if i got people changing and altering that well needless to say it would irritate me greatly, yes there are things i wish i could go back and change but those things are what make me who i am.

So say you save a persons life while in the past and now the person is alive, what kind of implications can this have on the future?? if you believe in destiny his just got ruined due to interference of someone who isnt suppose to be there, so say this person was meant to die cause he was on his way to light a elementary school on fire, now the outcome is many lives lost due to interfering with the one. Do you just go back and change the fact the TT saved him? it sounds more trouble than its worth.

Don't you consider it a bit morally wrong to interfere with live's like that though?? i am not one for destiny but i do believe the people we meet in life are there to serve a purpose, and if i got people changing and altering that well needless to say it would irritate me greatly, yes there are things i wish i could go back and change but those things are what make me who i am.

So say you save a persons life while in the past and now the person is alive, what kind of implications can this have on the future?? if you believe in destiny his just got ruined due to interference of someone who isnt suppose to be there, so say this person was meant to die cause he was on his way to light a elementary school on fire, now the outcome is many lives lost due to interfering with the one. Do you just go back and change the fact the TT saved him? it sounds more trouble than its worth.

This is a good point and merits exploring: the morality of Time Travel itself. If we allow the conceit that time travel is to modify the past at different points in our history for some larger purpose, where do they "get the right?"
Not to be confused with taking sides, I would put forward three ideas for you to consider:

1) If an individual time traveler (let's call him John) , rented a room in your house for a time and merely conducted himself normally, ate dinner with you, drank with you, watched TV with you then left, would the results of his stay as they pertain to your life be any different from if some other person rented your room? Is his job title the only reason for the prejudice against your boarder?

2) To extend our example just a tad, what if mission planners in 2063 realized that the key reason we hadn't made it to Mars by then is because your roommate (who would later become the key engineer who developed a special part of the rocket that would get us there) was killed when he was hit by a car in front of your home. To avoid this and to give us a better chance of going to Mars, John rented the room before our Engineer friend. By precluding your engineer friend from living in your home, John has saved his life and ("more" importantly) made it possible for humans to land on Mars. Likely, these same mission planners and researchers likely measured effect your life might have with this change and weighed it against the gains of landing on Mars; remember, they already know how your life will unfold, it isn't a guess. And to answer your statement that people coming into and out of your life have a purpose, whose to say you weren't "meant" to meet this Time Traveler and have very interesting "what if" conversations over Top Ramen noodles?

3) And finally, if your past were changed, you would have no measure to tell the difference anyway.

Which brings us back to a previous question: How do mission planners measure success?

As always,
Kind Regards
TR

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

The way I look at it is the reasons for bringing a person back from the dead have to outweigh those from leaving them dead. The future from our perspective isn't written yet. I can tell you there are lots of people that experience a lot of grief over the loss of a loved one. And if that loss is accidental, time travel intervention to save a loved one would be a preferred option. Being a capitalist myself, I see a money making opportunity here.

But there is another application that came to mind just recently. A military application. I call it the temporal bomb. It's a time traveling nuclear missile. With a device like that you could definitely take control of your fate.

And then there are all those anomalies with the 911 incident. Perhaps there are rules that we don't know about yet. The unexplained collapse of one of the towers. The passenger airliners that upon closer inspection don't appear to be passenger airliners at all. The firefighters account of the sound of what appeared to him to be a series of controlled detonation blasts. Like one of the towers was deliberately destroyed with a controlled demolition. Perhaps by time travel intervention, to lesson the severity of damage afterwards. It almost appears to me like there were multiple time travel teams making an attempt to alter what happened. With little or limited success.

By the way, I'm alive today because someone saved me. I suspect it was by a time traveler. Never did find out who did it though. Perhaps I'm someone important in the future.

BlastTyrant

I dunno the whole time travel things eludes me i don't know 100% what to think yet. I thank you for your time temopral and if i have any more questions i will be sure to post here again, for the moment the whole concept just dosent bode well with me, the idea that people from the future are changing the past is a unsettling one even if it is for the better.