Debate John Titor's Laser Beam, real or not?

Might I add that the picture was from a training session and training is usually dialed down in order to prepare the trainee. Also, didn't JT say that something was built into the machine to protect the user inside of the vehicle. An "anti mush" that prevented the bending of space time inside the vehicle (I'm paraphrasing). Might I also add.....we're talking about Time Travel in the year 2036. It hasn't been invented yet which means whatever we know about quantum mechanics and the way things are "supposed to work" now OBVIOUSLY change. So, the rules of physics that we know of don't apply with regard to time travel in 2036 bc its 2012 and most people don't believe it's even possible. At one time in this world people thought the world was flat, never imagined we'd fly, never imagined we drive cars, never imagined we'd have handheld devices that swipe credit cards and make phone calls. Okay, so the laser beam doesn't make sense to you. That's perfectly okay, but there's no way you can assert a distance into the darkness of that grainy 2d picture. That laser beam could be shooting 9 miles into darkness. We have no idea, and to claim that you "know" is just reaching. I'm all about a good debate. Einstein makes good points, but theyre based on a lack of faith. Not facts. Because there are no facts with regard to the year 2034, or 2036.
Well Stated.

Keeping our statement to certifiable facts keeps us from sliding down the speculation slope and into fantasy.

Might I add that the picture was from a training session
correct

and training is usually dialed down in order to prepare the trainee.
correct
Might I also add.....we're talking about Time Travel in the year 2036. It hasn't been invented yet which means whatever we know about quantum mechanics and the way things are "supposed to work" now OBVIOUSLY change. So, the rules of physics that we know of don't apply with regard to time travel in 2036 bc its 2012 and most people don't believe it's even possible.
This comes from the assumption that time travel is real and that the Titor story was told by an actual time traveler. As this has already been established, it's a viable assumption.

As Ever
TR

wowbagger

Hi everyone, this is my first post. Thanks for the approval of my account!

Sorry for digging out this old thread (should I've started a new one?). I've just finished playing Steins Gate and was researching on John Titor. I must admit, that I enjoyed his theory at least as an elaborate prank, but first thing that came to my mind, when I saw the picture of the bended laser beam, was quite the same as what the user Einstein wrote. There should at least be some kind of gravitational lens effect visible in the picture.

Then I reconsidered a little. If we assume, the structure of the car and the photographer himself where protected by the hypothetical and unexplained gravity distortion field Titor was speaking of, it would explain, how the beam seems to stay linear inside the car and starts to bend outside the vehicle.

Please don't think, that I'm taking it too serious. It's just a very entertaining topic. This is how I understand the gravity in Titor's concept of time travel:

1 ( 2 ( 3 Time Machine 3 ) 2 ) 1

1=environmental gravitational field
2=gravitational field of the ring singularities
3=gravitational field around the time machine (air pocket)
The brackets are for the unexplainable shielding between the different gravitational fields

I think the most obvious questions are:

- Why would the smoke particles, visualizing the laser beam outside of the car, not be affected by a gravitational force that even bends light?
- How would the environment itself react to such a gravitational field, that's beyond comparison to the earth's gravitational field?
- Why does the light, returning from the illuminated smoke particles outside of the car, seem to pass the gravitational field, that bends the laser beam, unaffected? According to Titor's explanations, the inside of the car would not be distorted in the picture, but the beam would, once it leaves the air pocket.
- Even with the protection of the gravity distortion, wouldn't any matter inside the gravitational field of the ring singularities implode towards the time machine if there isn't some kind of additional barrier to the gravitational shield?

Even if the gravitational field could be kept local, at least the atmospheric effects would be immense.

At last two fun questions:

- What's the power supply? I think, even 1.23 Jiggowatts won't suffice to generate those forces.
- Why would John Titor make such a crappy low-res picture, when having the technology of 2035 at hand?

Best regards from Germany