John Titor's Non-lethal Weapon

Unintentional

JT's non lethal weopon...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...owave_weapons_1
DAYTON, Ohio - The Air Force expects planes will be able to fire non-lethal microwave rays at enemy ground troops with the help of a new superconducting generator system developed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base after about 25 years of research.

Aside from paralyzing potential attackers or noncombatants like a long-range stun gun, the weapons could disable the electronics of missiles and roadside bombs or even disable a vehicle in a high-speed chase, developers say. The weapons emit a pulse of energy and can destroy semiconductors with a surge of volts.

The_Ruffneck

theres also a new non lethal weapon using soundwaves that they are trying in Iraq at this very moment

StarLord

More importantly, that mobile EMP generator will fly over installations and fry ALL the electronics there. Expect this to be used frequently.

Don't forget, the time frame for 'Toys' that the military makes, uses and releases information about, is possibly very long. Which begs the question, what else will they be 'testing' during this time under the guise of a 'micro wave emitting array'

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Unintentional@Oct 5 2004, 12:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...owave_weapons_1
DAYTON, Ohio - The Air Force expects planes will be able to fire non-lethal microwave rays at enemy ground troops with the help of a new superconducting generator system developed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base after about 25 years of research.

Aside from paralyzing potential attackers or noncombatants like a long-range stun gun, the weapons could disable the electronics of missiles and roadside bombs or even disable a vehicle in a high-speed chase, developers say. The weapons emit a pulse of energy and can destroy semiconductors with a surge of volts.

Oh, of course. And the highest officers get to wear latex epaulets and finned Jetson booties while toiletpapertube rockets fizz around behind them swinging from strings.

StarLord

No, not so much of that, BUT, they finally did get the dish washer to operate without sending ghost blips to the Threat Indicator Scope which keeps them from blasting friendlies to smitherines.

To be fair, to get the Air Force to recycle toilet paper tubes for rocket booties took TWO acts of Congress and a promise to "do something about afterburner noises" And they have issued stainless steel round TUIT's to all senior non comissioned officers above the rank of E9 in hopes of alleviating the stall of progress.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Doesn't the fact that the US is trying to develop non lethal weapons give our enemies the advantage? If I knew I was going up against a bunch of people who were just going to knock me out -- Why would that scare me?

I'd be less likely to want to go to war if I knew they had stuff that would turn me into ash.

StarLord

Think about it, a jet goes by and ALL your toys that have any kind of electrical components no longer work. Chances are the bus does not go there, you and all your buddies get to hoof it back to where you came from. All that hardware you spent millions on is just so much junk.

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Oct 5 2004, 12:29 PM
Doesn't the fact that the US is trying to develop non lethal weapons give our enemies the advantage? If I knew I was going up against a bunch of people who were just going to knock me out -- Why would that scare me?

I'd be less likely to want to go to war if I knew they had stuff that would turn me into ash.

Here's a conspiracy theory ...

WHY would the military develop this type of weapon when in a time a war, it shoots, (edit - but does not kill), take no prisoners?

The military developed it not to use on it's enemies, but on us.

JT being a government conspiracy is starting to look more and more clear to me.

"Mom"