Journeying Through Time with a Tesla's Cane

Starlite

All of them, but there are ranges that are reserved for radio astronomy to observe. Those reserved frequencies can't be used by local devices so that radio astronomy can be done. There are a great many different kinds of radio sources in space.
Most types are listed at wiki.

IIRC, it was a pulsar that Tesla was picking up. That in itself is pretty amazing though, given the state of radio technology at that time.

Harte
Rot.

Harte

Now an entire filed of astronomy is "rot" so that Tesla can be right in his naive interpretation of random radio bursts received from space which he himself stated he couldn't interpret.

Harte

TimeFlipper

All of them, but there are ranges that are reserved for radio astronomy to observe. Those reserved frequencies can't be used by local devices so that radio astronomy can be done. There are a great many different kinds of radio sources in space.
Most types are listed at wiki.

IIRC, it was a pulsar that Tesla was picking up. That in itself is pretty amazing though, given the state of radio technology at that time.

Harte
In 1899 it wouldnt be a Pulsar that Tesla heard, the type of receivers Tesla and Marconi was using at that time were picking up signals on the old medium wave band of roughly 500KHz, where Pulsars are found in the UHF areas of 400 to 1400MHz...Special directional antennas similar to Jodrell Banks also need to be used for detection of Pulsars, including highly sensitive and selective receivers..

Mayhem

Zenith
Maybe the The East Anglian Astrophysical Research Organisation (EAARO) might be of some assistance:)

Starlite

In 1899 it wouldnt be a Pulsar that Tesla heard, the type of receivers Tesla and Marconi was using at that time were picking up signals on the old medium wave band of roughly 500KHz, where Pulsars are found in the UHF areas of 400 to 1400MHz...Special directional antennas similar to Jodrell Banks also need to be used for detection of Pulsars, including highly sensitive and selective receivers..
You can use a metal can to pick up pulsars.

Harte

You could be right. I just assumed it was a pulsar because I didn't look it up. I read the explanation several years ago before I got tired of correcting Teslaphile idiots.

So, it would be even more amazing if it had been a pulsar.

But pulsars aren't the only variable radio wave emitters out there.

Harte

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
It should be noted here: that the universe as we know it, does oscillate at approximately 60 cycles
and this may be but Tesla picked up.