The Soylent Thread

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A poop thread? You're assuming we'd be able to limit ourselves to one? lol

I got an email saying I should get my box of Soylent on next Wednesday. I'm eager to try it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Lol I don't remember having issues with jalapeno, but I'm not used to consuming hot stuff. I like it a lot, but it hurts!

The last super hot meal (super hot to me) I consumed was this summer. I tried the szechuan McChicken. It was good, but it was a little too hot for me. My mouth was burning, my eyes were kinda crying and my nose was running. Dude, ouch!

@Wind7 are you into hot burning stuff?

Edit: I somehow mixed habanero with szechuan sauce.

Wind7

Staff
Lol I don't remember having issues with jalapeno, but I'm not used to consuming hot stuff. I like it a lot, but it hurts!

The last super hot meal (super hot to me) I consumed was this summer. I tried the szechuan McChicken. It was good, but it was a little too hot for me. My mouth was burning, my eyes were kinda crying and my nose was running. Dude, ouch!

@Wind7 are you into hot burning stuff?

Edit: I somehow mixed habanero with szechuan sauce.

Not Hot Burning foods but...I do like some notable heat as an addition to.
I'm more into flavoring with heat than Tear Ya a New Arse Heat.

Don't get me wrong...I love me some Real Heat once in awhile...But not nearly as much.

The food I quoted was a mixture of Sauer Kraut with....Bell...Jalapeno....Chili Peppers added in. o_O

1634354807794.png

That mixture ^^^ would blow me up like a flippin' Independence Day Party Favor!

kiwigo-space-launch.gif

o_O;)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That mixture ^^^ would blow me up like a flippin' Independence Day Party Favor!
I bet it would LOL, but what about just a little bit of it? Could it be good, if some of it was mixed into a recipe?

Like how you add a pinch of cayenne pepper, to a gallon+ of spaghetti sauce and still taste it?

Last edited:

Wind7

Staff
I bet it would LOL, but what about just a little bit of it? Could it be good, if some of it was mixed into a recipe?

Like how you add a pinch of cayenne pepper, to a gallon+ of spaghetti sauce and still taste it?
I have added cayenne to spaghetti sauce before, it's quite good! :)

I just like my Sauer Kraut with no added peppers, mixed with corned beef or ring sausage.

It's something I make only once in awhile though.

(y)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Okay, I had Soylent for breakfast this morning. It's chocolate flavor.

It tastes good! I expected it to taste like paint or like a nasty protein shake, but it's actually good. It smells and tastes very close to those small chocolate milk bottles for kids that have different flavors. It's not too liquid, not too thick. It's very much reminiscent of chocolate milk. It's good.

The chocolate flavor is pretty strong, surprisingly strong. There's quite a strong aftertaste of chocolate as well. It's not weird at all. I dreaded the aftertaste a bit, for instance, when you burp afterwards. It was okay, still like chocolate milk.

The only thing that differentiates it from chocolate milk in taste, is that you don't taste the milk. (It's not watery in texture or taste, though, it got the same texture as milk) Soylent is made of stuff other than milk, that, once flavored with chocolate, reminds me of milk and pretty much takes as much place as milk would, tastewise. It's hard to describe, but it doesn't taste like cardboard or anything gross or chemical.

I drank it while working, over about 30 minutes. I'm doing fine. I don't feel dizzy or bad. I don't feel like I'm full, but I don't feel hungry yet, either. It's been 3 hours now. I was careful not to chug it, as some folks did that, and it gave them diarrhea. All in all, I'd say I felt better than when I eat my usual peanut-butter-toast. It's not the same feeling as digesting solid food though.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll drink another on tomorrow!

Last edited: