Laura Murray Cicco sues NASA over vial of moon dust

HDRKID

Laura Murray Cicco says that as a 10-year-old, she got a "glass vial with a rubber stopper full of light grey dust," along with a signed note from the famed Apollo 11 astronaut Neil Armstrong.

She is going to sue NASA so they cannot take it away.

Neil Armstrong gave her a vial of moon dust, she says. She’s suing so NASA won’t take it.

https://gizmodo.com/woman-sues-nasa-so-she-can-keep-her-vial-of-moon-dust-f-1826764287

https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/woman-gifted-moon-dust-by-neil-armstrong-sues-nasa-to-keep-it/

Kairos

This story is annoying. Tax payers spent a lot of cash to collect that Moon dust. I like Neil Armstrong a lot, but it wasn't his property to hand out to random schoolgirls.

titorite

Its not moon dust. Thats why they need it back and why she can not keep it. God forbid she ever had it analyzed and more moon sim come up like with the norigians , you know at some point you pseudo skeptics have to wake up from you fantasy and accept the truth that the government is made up of people and people lie to get advantages. I mean you can believe me, I have a degree in lieology. I got it after my tenure with nasa. The van allen radiations belts have so little radiations that dogs and monkeys can pass through them just fine. And moon dust was available to ever astronought, its not like it is rarer than African diamonds, I mean they gave that stuff away at parties to all of their friends because it was practically worthless. Like African diamonds. and just as hard to manufacture I mean its not like they can replicate jewelry grade diamonds. www.businessinsider.com/growing-pure-diamond-gems-2016-10

nickrulercreator

It's probably not moondust. The article says that a vial of gray powder was found near Armstrong's signature, with a small memo. There's no way to know if the signature/memo had anything to do with the vial, as they don't reference it. The only way to be sure would be to compare the vial to a sample of a moon rock.

titorite

I dont know man,... it seems Neil Armstrong had a nasty habit of giving people and governments fake moon rocks.

nickrulercreator

I dont know man,... it seems Neil Armstrong had a nasty habit of giving people and governments fake moon rocks.

Sorry, that's been debunked thoroughly:

It simply boils down to none of the pieces of the piece of wood match the pieces of samples given to other countries (plaque, mount, size of sample, mass of sample, random reason it was given to a former PM rather than the current PM or queen of the Netherlands, lack of mention of the "rock" on the plaque, the fact that no rocks were given out that year, etc). The videos really are worth a watch if you're truly interested in knowing the truth.