laws

Aryeandris

laws.
Why?
Really? Can't we all just be GOOD people? Don't we each have a conscious to tell us what we should and shouldn't do? How about raresense? I mean, commonsense?
Why should I need a law telling me that I can't have sex with animals?? WHAT THE FUNK?
There are many strange laws like that one, that really make you question humans.
How many people got caught for beastiality that they ("the man") had to write down a law stating you can't?
I thought it might be fun to hear more funny/strange laws...or well, any laws that anyone finds questionable. I can think of many but I want to hear my fellow citizens' voices here :)

Annnnd...go. :)

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I also would like to see a new world like you posted:)

TnWatchdog

Here are a few from Tennessee...
In Tennessee it is illegal to to post images online that cause “emotional distress” “without legitimate purpose”.
“Crimes against nature” are prohibited.
Ministers are to be dedicated to God and therefore are not eligible to hold a seat in either House of the Legislature.
Any person who participates in a duel may not hold any public office in the state.
Giving and receiving oral sex is still prohibited by law.
Stealing a horse is punishible by hanging.
No Christian parent may require their children to pick up trash from the highway on Easter day.
It is legal to gather and consume roadkill.
You can’t shoot any game other than whales from a moving automobile.
Hollow logs may not be sold.
More than 8 women may not live in the same house because that would constitute a brothel.
It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
The definition of “dumb animal” includes every living creature.
Tattooing a minor is a misdemeanor.
It is illegal to dare a child to purchase a beer.
It is illegal to place tacks on a highway.
Skunks may not be carried into the state.

TnWatchdog

Laws are created for stupid people. For example, you need to have a law to strap your child in a car seat because if there isn't a law, some people won't do it. Some laws protect stupid people from themselves.
That is very true but another thing to consider...just think of the stupid lawmakers that are making these laws. I guess they feel they need to do something besides giving themselves raises because they have worked soooo hard. And think of the Presidents, like obummer who sign all these executive orders...crazy. I have talked about executive orders before so won't here but look it up and see that we don't really have any freedoms, at least the freedoms we thought we had. At any time we could have everything taken away, rounded up under martial law, and become a front page statistic at best. Oh no, here I go again...laws makes you think and take notice, that is for sure.