Laying in Bed pretending you're dying.

ErinsOnlyColour

I was wondering if anyone else has to lay in bed at night listening to soft, nostalgic acoustic instrumentals while pretending you're dying to help yourself fall asleep?

to keep yourself from listening to the never ending echos of your noisy mind that just never shuts up!

ln between the melodies I find the pulse of the music tearing away at the never ending reality of my daily anxiety of which I am forced to confront over and over due to my own mortality.f-1.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I can relate to this. I listen to music every night in bed. Nostalgic music, and other music. My mind is sooooo noisy at night, it's like it's on crack. Can't sleep for hours sometimes.

I deal with anxiety on a daily basis. Sometimes I do great, other days I feel like ass. 2 days ago was a really bad day, I felt dead inside. The worst in a long time. Feels like I have so many things to do and take care of, while having so little time. Always racing against time, to barely survive the day. It sucks, real hard.

I found that music helps a lot. When I listen to music, it's one of the rare times when my brains shuts it up. All I hear is the music. No more bullshit useless thoughts.

I also found out a few years ago that composing music also made me feel good. I'm no creative genius and I don't know much about music. But man, it feels great to compose something, listen to it and say 'it works!'. Maybe one day I'll share what I compose.

What music do you listen to?

My latest discovery that helped me recently has been Buckethead's softer albums, they're amazing.

ErinsOnlyColour

I can relate to this. I listen to music every night in bed. Nostalgic music, and other music. My mind is sooooo noisy at night, it's like it's on crack. Can't sleep for hours sometimes.

I deal with anxiety on a daily basis. Sometimes I do great, other days I feel like ass. 2 days ago was a really bad day, I felt dead inside. The worst in a long time. Feels like I have so many things to do and take care of, while having so little time. Always racing against time, to barely survive the day. It sucks, real hard.

I found that music helps a lot. When I listen to music, it's one of the rare times when my brains shuts it up. All I hear is the music. No more bullshit useless thoughts.

I also found out a few years ago that composing music also made me feel good. I'm no creative genius and I don't know much about music. But man, it feels great to compose something, listen to it and say 'it works!'. Maybe one day I'll share what I compose.

What music do you listen to?

My latest discovery that helped me recently has been Buckethead's softer albums, they're amazing.
It's always so constant. I never dare to believe that I am alone. People here have been more than helpful. I can't pretend I am without smiles here.

My favorite type of music is Indie acoustic like this soundtrack to one of my favorite games ( I love to game online). I like a lot of everything to acoustic, metal, old school hip hop to country, you name it.

Writing is also another form of expression that helps. When alone drifting through the waves of my wandering mind that seem only to have a taste for punishment ( probably a reaction due to how I've been living life ) writing helps with
concentrating my mind away from floating off into the " Nowhere Thoughts".

Sometimes I get up so late just to write and submit them randomly around the web. Do you enjoy writing?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The music you shared reminds me a lot of Buckethead's Colma album. It feels awesome.

Yeah, I guess I like to write, although I don't write a lot. The most I write are posts here and on one of my blogs. For instance, I don't write books or anything that I'd publish. I used to write what I used to call memoirs. It was an attempt to dump stuff from my brain, it worked a bit, but not all the time.

Yeah, you're not alone. People don't talk about it much, it's somehow taboo. Like it's a weakness and you don't want people to know you're "weak".

ErinsOnlyColour

The music you shared reminds me a lot of Buckethead's Colma album. It feels awesome.

Yeah, I guess I like to write, although I don't write a lot. The most I write are posts here and on one of my blogs. For instance, I don't write books or anything that I'd publish. I used to write what I used to call memoirs. It was an attempt to dump stuff from my brain, it worked a bit, but not all the time.

Yeah, you're not alone. People don't talk about it much, it's somehow taboo. Like it's a weakness and you don't want people to know you're "weak".
I'll definitely check some of their music out. I love finding newer or more underground artist. I remember when Noah and The Whale were just coming up and out during the " myspace days " and their two songs Mary and Blue Skies came out and they blew up.

it definitely does not seem to bother much as to what type or style of writing it is. Poetry is not my favorite style of writing. I prefer unstructured, descriptive prose, short stories and song lyrics.

To be a bit off topic and entirely honest low dose mushrooms have helped with slumps or negative mental frames ( I am not sure how you feel about this being an option but they help greatly) and helped with understanding intense personal feelings that are not entirely clear while sober. They definitely help with navigating towards a solution. I haven't used them in quite sometime but now that fall has bloomed in Michigan I may need the help with the bittersweet feeling I always get during this season .

My most creative work has come with their help. It's hard to explain now in this moment but expression is vital to being human and knowing ourselves even if those feelings are dark, sad or downright negative

What is your blog about? I love to read as well.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The blog I work on is Paranormalis Quebec.

It's about paranormal, but in French. I live in Quebec, and we don't have tons of great, high-profile paranormal resources. This site is (was) an attempt to tap into that area, fill that void. I post articles over there, sometimes I translate them myself, in order to have original content. I've been trying to put it back on the rails since last week, as I didn't post for a few years (no time). I'm trying stuff, see what works.

The blog has around 500 followers on Facebook, which isn't bad. I thought it had like a 100. When I looked while fooling around on Facebook, I was like... OMG, my inactive Facebook page has 500+ followers! What a fool I am to let it sleep like that!

I'd love to try microdosing, but I don't think my other half would approve of it. I've read about CBD being pretty good against anxiety, better than THC. I'm curious. I'd take extracts, as I don't wanna smoke. Have you tried this?

Aren't mushrooms more about psychedelic trips? Does microdosing it makes you chill out instead? Or are they more about an aid to better introspect and understand yourself?

ErinsOnlyColour

The blog I work on is Paranormalis Quebec.

It's about paranormal, but in French. I live in Quebec, and we don't have tons of great, high-profile paranormal resources. This site is (was) an attempt to tap into that area, fill that void. I post articles over there, sometimes I translate them myself, in order to have original content. I've been trying to put it back on the rails since last week, as I didn't post for a few years (no time). I'm trying stuff, see what works.

The blog has around 500 followers on Facebook, which isn't bad. I thought it had like a 100. When I looked while fooling around on Facebook, I was like... OMG, my inactive Facebook page has 500+ followers! What a fool I am to let it sleep like that!

I'd love to try microdosing, but I don't think my other half would approve of it. I've read about CBD being pretty good against anxiety, better than THC. I'm curious. I'd take extracts, as I don't wanna smoke. Have you tried this?

Aren't mushrooms more about psychedelic trips? Does microdosing it makes you chill out instead? Or are they more about an aid to better introspect and understand yourself?
My other half did not approve of them at all but when I took the time to explain about their safety, that they're not addictive and their effectiveness compared to dangerous legal alternatives ( i.e pharma) they eventually opened up to the idea. It all started because I wanted to find a different route to treating anxiety besides pharma. I allowed them to be around me on a microdose and they said they were shocked about how clear headed I was. I even dosed while they did not know and they couldn't even tell. They did say it was the most mature I've ever acted or the most normal Lol

Mushrooms and Safety Studies

They can be pretty psychedelic in the high doses but you always learn something, I do anyway. You're in control and you do not see crazy " flying pink elephants" like they taught in elementary. I was always a little timid about them. Once I tried mushrooms I realized the potential they have with helping bring down depression, anxiety and a whole slew of other things which cause negative impact on life/happiness.

I never went looking for a trip but rather to help understand my waking problems and to get in touch with my inner emotions and how to understand and solve what was affecting me.
so if you are interested explain the facts about them and try to dismantle the image the " war on drugs " has painted for them.

They're a great alternative to dangerous pharma and they open up and influence creative thinking so they could help you with your writing/blog too !

When I was young my hockey team (USA) had a travel hockey tournament near Quebec as a kid. I was shocked to learn that the languages were so different as it was my first out of country experience. I'm sorry about J.T though :(