Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Gnostic Christian

Let’s chat about the atheist religion.

Believers in the mainstream god religions often denigrate and discriminate against atheists, non-believers and rival religions on moral grounds. Godless mean without a moral sense to them.

I seek a solution to this problem, as the godless, statistically speaking, seem more moral, law abiding and peaceful than traditional mainstream religious believers who, ironically, claim a superior moral position, while having an inferior one. Statistics are quite clear on this.

As a Gnostic Christian, I get it from both sides. From believers who see me as an atheist and from atheists who see me as a believer. Both sides are wrong, given that Gnostic Christians are esoteric ecumenist and free-thinking naturalist, --- who hold no supernatural beliefs, --- regardless of the lies put into history by the inquisitors who decimated us, --- but never annihilated us. We are a religion of perpetual seekers of knowledge and wisdom, who raise the bar of excellence whenever we think we have the best ideological position.

This prevents the idol worshiping of the immoral gods, that the mainstream religions are prone to follow. This makes Gnostic Christianity a superior ideology. Perhaps this open-mindedness explains the hate towards us from god believers, as well as towards atheists and other non-believers that believers target.

Solutions to this endless denigration and discrimination are hard to come by, given that governments are not promoting any kind of dialog between the various religions and non-believers and allow religions to continue promoting vile homophobic and misogynous teachings.

To my way of thinking, be you following a theology and named god, a philosophy of a named philosopher, a religion that puts man above god and focuses on knowledge and wisdom like mine, a political tribe like Democrats and Republican, statism or any other thinking system, --- all groups named are following an ideology, --- and can thus be seem and described as a religion.

It is thus proper English to call atheism a religion. In fact, given the stats, atheism is a more moral religion than most. I am thinking that if all atheist proudly took on the religion label, --- as their atheist churches are doing, --- more god believing religionist would likely opt for atheism as their religion so as to improve their moral sense.

Take your deserved bow my atheist friends. You are now second only to my own Gnostic Christianity. We Gnostic Christian did what I advise here before the inquisitors got to us and that may be why we were known as the only good Christians.

Regards
DL

JahaRa

I find this intersting but I have a problem with your title. You admit you are not an atheist and atheism is NOT a religion.

Thanks for the statistics.

I do have a quesiton, if you are gnostic, then why do you add the "Christian" to the title as that indicates you do believe in Jesus?

Gnostic Christian

I find this intersting but I have a problem with your title. You admit you are not an atheist and atheism is NOT a religion.

Thanks for the statistics.

Your welcome. Here are a few more.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

I do have a quesiton, if you are gnostic, then why do you add the "Christian" to the title as that indicates you do believe in Jesus?

Tradition and accuracy. We came out of the Chrestian religion made up of Greeks, Jewish and other esoteric people that came out of what became Christianity.

We also maintained the real teachings that the more Eastern mystical Jesus taught as compared to the Roman created Jesus that most know. That one tries to slave people to organized religion, while the teachings I follow tries to free us from them.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail. Ignore his politics. That is a separate issue.

Regards
DL

Angelface239

Your welcome. Here are a few more.

Atheists Are Sometimes More Religious Than Christians
A new study shows how poorly we understand the beliefs of people who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular.

Americans are deeply religious people—and atheists are no exception. Western Europeans are deeply secular people—and Christians are no exception.

These twin statements are generalizations, but they capture the essence of a fascinating finding in a new study about Christian identity in Western Europe. By surveying almost 25,000 people in 15 countries in the region, and comparing the results with data previously gathered in the U.S., the Pew Research Center discovered three things.

First, researchers confirmed the widely known fact that, overall, Americans are much more religious than Western Europeans. They gauged religious commitment using standard questions, including “Do you believe in God with absolute certainty?” and “Do you pray daily?”

Second, the researchers found that American “nones”—those who identify as atheist, agnostic, or nothing in particular—are more religious than European nones. The notion that religiously unaffiliated people can be religious at all may seem contradictory, but if you disaffiliate from organized religion it does not necessarily mean you’ve sworn off belief in God, say, or prayer.

The third finding reported in the study is by far the most striking. As it turns out, “American ‘nones’ are as religious as—or even more religious than—Christians in several European countries, including France, Germany, and the U.K.”

“That was a surprise,” Neha Sahgal, the lead researcher on the study, told me. “That’s the comparison that’s fascinating to me.” She highlighted the fact that whereas only 23 percent of European Christians say they believe in God with absolute certainty, 27 percent of American nones say this.

America is a country so suffused with faith that religious attributes abound even among the secular. Consider the rise of “atheist churches,” which cater to Americans who have lost faith in supernatural deities but still crave community, enjoy singing with others, and want to think deeply about morality. It’s religion, minus all the God stuff. This is a phenomenon spreading across the country, from the Seattle Atheist Church to the North Texas Church of Freethought. The Oasis Network, which brings together non-believers to sing and learn every Sunday morning, has affiliates in nine U.S. cities.

Last month, almost 1,000 people streamed into a [Atheist] church in San Francisco for an unprecedented event billed as “Beyoncé Mass.” Most were people of color and members of the LGBTQ community. Many were secular. They used Queen Bey’s songs, which are replete with religious symbolism, as the basis for a communal celebration—one that had all the trappings of a religious service. That seemed completely fitting to some, including one reverend who said, “Beyoncé is a better theologian than many of the pastors and priests in our church today.”
https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...theists-religious-european-christians/560936/

Tradition and accuracy. We came out of the Chrestian religion made up of Greeks, Jewish and other esoteric people that came out of what became Christianity.

We also maintained the real teachings that the more Eastern mystical Jesus taught as compared to the Roman created Jesus that most know. That one tries to slave people to organized religion, while the teachings I follow tries to free us from them.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail. Ignore his politics. That is a separate issue.

Regards
DL
I am not that intrested in a religion like this that looks down on christians.

Gnostic Christian

I am not that intrested in a religion like this that looks down on christians.

Nice that you look up to a homophobic and misogynous religion and their genocidal and infanticidal prick of a god.

Care to tell us why you look up to a religion that could only grow by using inquisitions and murder?

Regards
DL

Angelface239

Nice that you look up to a homophobic and misogynous religion and their genocidal and infanticidal prick of a god.

Care to tell us why you look up to a religion that could only grow by using inquisitions and murder?

Regards
DL
I dont explain anything to you and neither do i have to tell why i choose to the right thing and follow God either and god is not a prick he is the creator of the universe.

Gnostic Christian

I dont explain anything to you and neither do i have to tell why i choose to the right thing and follow God either and god is not a prick he is the creator of the universe.

Are Hitler and Stalin pricks?

They are more moral than the prick you follow who even used genocide on the animal population.

Pricks kill when they can cure just like your prick of a god does.

Go show your satanic morals elsewhere.

Immoral people who do not even care about their satanic morals turn my stomach.

Regards
DL

Angelface239

Are Hitler and Stalin pricks?

They are more moral than the prick you follow who even used genocide on the animal population.

Pricks kill when they can cure just like your prick of a god does.

Go show your satanic morals elsewhere.

Immoral people who do not even care about their satanic morals turn my stomach.

Regards
DL
I am not santantic and i am neither am i planning to follow those type of ways just because i choose to be a christain and follow God does make a follower of satan. And their is nothing wrong with me being on this post at all. You just dont like that i am standing up for god and saying that he isnt prick like you think he is.

Gnostic Christian

I am not santantic and i am neither am i planning to follow those type of ways just because i choose to be a christain and follow God does make a follower of satan. And their is nothing wrong with me being on this post at all. You just dont like that i am standing up for god and saying that he isnt prick like you think he is.

Denying my words is not you doing decent apologetics.

It is you denying facts that are in your own bible.

Read it and stop listening to lying preachers.

I have and that is why I can do decent apologetics for my religion and against yours.

Your bible tells you to be as perfect as god.

Your love of genocide and those that use it has certainly got you going into the right direction of where your genocidal god is.

In hell where he belongs.

Let me give you this link.

I bet that it you watch it once a day for three days, you will feel like or be crying by the end of the third day.

If you bother, you will likely want to watch the whole movie.

Like it, I do not want to end your seeking after a god. I want you to reject an evil one and find the good one that Jesus says lives in you.

If I could find my internalo god, you should be able to find yours.

Regards
DL