Debate Letter Written in 2070 "Real or a Bad Hoax"

TimeFlipper

Document published in the magazine "Crónica de los Tiempos"
April 2002.

http://www.peace-of-eden.co.za/docs/Letter_written_in_2070.pdf

Unfortunately Prof, all i could see on the pdf was was an envelope and words saying, written in 2070 :(..
I dont know if its a problem at my end, or maybe no one can read any of the 21 pages?..

Would you kindly give us a brief idea of what its all about please? :)

Genius

King Ivan
I've read the entire letter, and it's interesting. Although, even if it's possible for all this to happen by 2070 and maybe earlier, i still can't be 100% sure that it's actually written in 2070.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
The Saudi's live in a desert. They run solar powered desalinization plants offshore. And apparently they produce so much water this way that no one is in need of water. All the water produced is free to the public without any usage restrictions. So I don't think the letter is true at all. Just another hoax. NEXT!

Snow

Not from the future! If I wanted to avoid the word hoax, I would kindly say it is a fictional account of a possible near future, presented as truth, in order to present a persuasive argument for environmental responsibility.

Genius

King Ivan
Personally, I don't believe the earth can run out of water. Water doesn't just dissipate into space. It remains on the planet and recycles.

This sounds more like a political statement to me....unless, of course, the water was contaminated with radiation....
Even though there will still be water on Earth, half of it will be in vapour form, due to global warming.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Personally, I don't believe the earth can run out of water. Water doesn't just dissipate into space. It remains on the planet and recycles.

This sounds more like a political statement to me....unless, of course, the water was contaminated with radiation....
Even though there will still be water on Earth, half of it will be in vapour form, due to global warming.

When enough water vapor gathers, it rains.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Is Global Warming Real:

My answer is simple: YES and NO

Yes: When you look at the tremendous pollution of China at ground level and upper atmosphere which is caught up in the jet streams which flow around the planet, I truly believe you’re going to have global warming to a small degree because of the pollution holding the heat closer to the earth surface.

No: When you look at the history of planet Earth over the last 500 million years or longer there is a cycle of global warming and global cooling off, of which I do not understand, but I know it does happen.