Lightening Strikes

Khaos

where the wild things are
In 2009 I was walking through a parking lot and a bolt hit a car about ten feet away and knocked me on my ass. I had a few burns and blisters, but other than that I was fine.

TnWatchdog

This is a bit interesting as the vid shows the damage caused by lightning to a car. Just imagine if you were sitting in
it. Check out link for the story.

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

Link doesn't work.
I just played it and it worked for me so I don't know what to say. It is an AOL vid, not on youtube so I couldn't get the embedded code to work. Sorry...bottom line of the report is that if you hear thunder stay inside as it is dangerous out there! lol Just in case I'll do it this way and see what happens...one or the other should work.

Lightning Strike Wreaks Havoc On Car - AOL On

TnWatchdog

I was doing an One Step Beyond marathon over the weekend and thought I would post this for those who are unaware of this great show from the past. I like the part when he is setting up a trust fund for his daughter and says she will need $100 per month to live on. lol How things have changed! Oh yes...be careful around lightning because as the show says...you never know when the Grim Reaper has sharpened his ax for you.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My parents had two different houses struck. One struck the stucco under the window and took a chunk out. Both times, they lost their microwave, a tv, etc. They have better protection now. Me? Haven't had that happen, yet. *as it is pouring rain outside*