Locating People In Touch With Aliens

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - I just sent an Email to Whitley Strieber, giving a brief description of myself and my interest in contacting aliens. If in his reply to me, he asks me why I would want to go about contacting aliens, what do you think is best to provide as an answer?

Well, I don't know your reason, but be logical and professional, as I am sure you are. He is writing back because you don't sound like a lunatic. He's semi-famous (or used to be), so this is a compliment. So, what exactly is your answer?
I just sent my first message to Strieber this morning, and I'm awaiting a response from him. Would you like me to post my original message, and his reply if he responds?

Update: Strieber replied to my Email less than an hour after I sent it. It was not rude, though it was brief and informal, for the record.

I'm just impressed that he answered. :) Post whatever you want. I was just curious what your reason was for wanting to contact aliens. Curiosity?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - Alright, here's the complete correspondence.

Me:
Dear Mr. Strieber,

Hello. My name is <private>, and I am a young man with Asperger's Syndrome from Orange County, New York. For a good part of my life, I have been very interested in the topic of the paranormal, especially things like extraterrestrials and time travel. I have heard about you mostly from a friend and a close family member, so I figured you might have advice on on the best way to go about contacting extraterrestrials.

Unlike many others, I have an interest in coming in contact with extraterrestrials myself. I live about 30 minutes from Pine Bush, which I am assuming you know is an area known for its UFO sightings. I have taken a trip down there one summer evening between the hours of 9:30 and 10:30. I was unable to spot a UFO that evening, but I plan on making visits sometime in the future.

I would appreciate any kind of advice or information that I would find helpful. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

<private>
Mr. Strieber:
I have no idea how to initiate contact.
And that's it. Now, what do you think would be a better idea, going ahead with writing to the Alien Abduction Support Group in Maine, finding people to talk to in groups such as Facebook or Google+, or searching for aliens on my own?

Notes:
  1. The reason I replaced my actual name with "<private>" is because I don't want to make my actual name public, for the risk of attracting attention to myself. I hope you can understand that.
  2. I'm not really a big fan of Facebook, although I have an account there. Things can get way too personal there.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
@PaulaJedi - Alright, here's the complete correspondence.

Me:
Dear Mr. Strieber,

Hello. My name is <private>, and I am a young man with Asperger's Syndrome from Orange County, New York. For a good part of my life, I have been very interested in the topic of the paranormal, especially things like extraterrestrials and time travel. I have heard about you mostly from a friend and a close family member, so I figured you might have advice on on the best way to go about contacting extraterrestrials.

Unlike many others, I have an interest in coming in contact with extraterrestrials myself. I live about 30 minutes from Pine Bush, which I am assuming you know is an area known for its UFO sightings. I have taken a trip down there one summer evening between the hours of 9:30 and 10:30. I was unable to spot a UFO that evening, but I plan on making visits sometime in the future.

I would appreciate any kind of advice or information that I would find helpful. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,

<private>
Mr. Strieber:
I have no idea how to initiate contact.
And that's it. Now, what do you think would be a better idea, going ahead with writing to the Alien Abduction Support Group in Maine, finding people to talk to in groups such as Facebook or Google+, or searching for aliens on my own?

Notes:
  1. The reason I replaced my actual name with "<private>" is because I don't want to make my actual name public, for the risk of attracting attention to myself. I hope you can understand that.
  2. I'm not really a big fan of Facebook, although I have an account there. Things can get way too personal there.

I'm thinking the support group in Maine *MIGHT* possibly refer you to someone if you ask. Your own experiments and research would also be warranted, but how exactly do you send signals into space?

I think that many people who have had contact with aliens don't know why they were contacted or abducted. Perhaps study the circumstances they were in at the time of the contact. Many of them were driving out in the middle of no where in the middle of the night. But, I'm thinking maybe make a database of where different people were at the time and determine what the most popular scenario is and then try to recreate it.

Just an idea.