Looks Like Titor's View Is Coming Together...

StarLord

So , just for theory sake, the wrong/right name gets out, they plant that poor guy before his time, the titor book I own and am holding would just, what, dissapear in a puff of vapor and suddenly there is a mental fog regarding this spot on the net? perhaps a new thread "Time Experiment In The Making Right Now"....

Who knows, the group that planted the whole thing may saunter in now and then to see how the seedlings are doing and to giggle quietly behind polite posts...

August

Snow,

August if I didn't know better I would think you were making fun of us.

I am glad you know better, probably through chatting with me. Let me tell you where I stand in regard to my previous post.

1. I do not believe in John Titor though I am fascinated with his predictions and our current political landscape. (There may be a day when I become a believer yet again)

2. I do not believe in time travel; but I do believe in worldlines.

3. One month ago I read Azimov's End of Eternity (recommended by Cornelia) and I cannot let the ideas of the book go. Everything we do is possibly an MNC, minimum necessary change in a worldline. I was having fun with the concept but not at your expense.

4. I do think Darkwolf is a bad*ss

Darkwolf

Imagine the millions of worldlines where you did not make this post, this minimum necessary change, and consequently the TT communities starting shooting off about who the farmer general was, the feds came in and snuffed him, and the rebellion was squashed before it started.

I don't think the loss of one guy would nix the entire thing. There are plenty of brillient minds in the freedom movement. A war is such a big thing that the loss of one of it's lynchpins may make it look a bit different, but won't stop it.

Go ahead and search on Freedom movement, Patriot movement, freeman, or Militia, and see what you find. That split between safety and freedom is big and growing, and something bad is bound to happen soon.

Take care of yourselves
Phil

StarLord

If that happened, then we would have been hailed by a different person looking for some pseudo computer related reason to add to the veracity of this situation and the home base could have been alabama instead of florida.

I have to say this and nothing personal intended because the whole titor story makes most swiss cheese look solid, Darkwolf, are folks testing the waters as it were or just voicing an educated opinion?

I have seen a plethora of sites out there and have wondered if they were real or mosquito traps put out by those that are measuring the spread and to be used later for counting coup when the time is right.

If I had my druthers, people would turn and see the resolve echoed in eyes that abound and realize that the time for wool over the sheeps eyes is a thing of the past and they set about straightening up the farm as opposed to burning down the barn and blaming it on the infernal revenuers.

Darkwolf

I have to say this and nothing personal intended because the whole titor story makes most swiss cheese look solid, Darkwolf, are folks testing the waters as it were or just voicing an educated opinion?

What do you mean? I'm just me and I don't represent any "folks" If you mean I'm about to come out as a time traveler, I'm not. Nor for the record am I one who is lying and saying I'm not ;)

I am just making what I think are fairly educated guesses about subjects I know something about.

I had my druthers, people would turn and see the resolve echoed in eyes that abound and realize that the time for wool over the sheeps eyes is a thing of the past and they set about straightening up the farm as opposed to burning down the barn and blaming it on the infernal revenuers.

Sir, you have buried your meaning so deeply in metaphor, I coulden't dig it our with a backhoe.

Phil

CaryP

August my friend,

I don't think Darkwolf is here to do anyone any harm. I think he's part of what we see as the deterioration of our civil liberties. I think he's part of the solution, not part of the problem. I appreciate his posts, and if I'm not mistaken, he's an LEO (law enforcement officer). He may be able to provide us with info on what's going down. All of this is of course is my opinion and I could be wrong. I have a lot of respect for you August. Your posts are of the highest caliber, and I appreciate you being here. Let's see what Darkwolf has to contribute. I think he can be a valuable asset and ally. I don't think he's "on the Kool Aid" with what may being about to happen. Again, I could be wrong. I've had a rather long day, talking with clients about the financial apocalypse that's at our doorstep. The elections may be the floodgate that gets opened to wash most of the middle class down the proverbial drain. I hope I'm way wrong about the economic and financial hell that's about to unleashed on us all. But the stats and the evidence don't tilt that way. Just my thoughts.

Snow, August is a valuable member of the community. I can't imagine him "against" us. Anyway, we all need to hang together now. The election will probably wind up in the courts. IMO it's about to hit the fan in the next year or so. Maybe sooner, a lot sooner. Everybody needs to chill and see what happens. Hope I'm way wrong.

Cary

Darkwolf

don't think Darkwolf is here to do anyone any harm. I think he's part of what we see as the deterioration of our civil liberties. I think he's part of the solution, not part of the problem. I appreciate his posts, and if I'm not mistaken, he's an LEO (law enforcement officer). He may be able to provide us with info on what's going down. All of this is of course is

August wasn't saying that I'm bad, he said I'm a badass. I don't know wether thats true, but I appreciate it. Yes, I'm an LEO, but my department is much more concerned with livestock on the roadway than we are with dissidents. I doubt we'll get those bullitins. (The feds don't much trust elected sherriffs) I'd do what I can to give you guys a clue, but I have to be careful. (I will not directly release privelaged info on a public forum)

Phil

pauli

I don't think Darkwolf is here to do anyone any harm. I think he's part of what we see as the deterioration of our civil liberties. I think he's part of the solution, not part of the problem. I appreciate his posts, and if I'm not mistaken, he's an LEO (law enforcement officer). He may be able to provide us with info on what's going down. All of this is of course is my opinion and I could be wrong. I have a lot of respect for you August. Your posts are of the highest caliber, and I appreciate you being here. Let's see what Darkwolf has to contribute. I think he can be a valuable asset and ally.

As opposed to those of us that Cary sees as part of the problem, eh? :lol:

Ok, I'm just being an instigator here. :ninja: I'll leave off. ;)

Cornelia

While I'm not a mod, being an overseas member I feel the duty to invite you people to calm down. You're my friends from a long time now, and I'm really shocked for what your mood is these days. These elections are driving you all into paranoia.
If I was there I'd force you to make some yoga exercises.
These time request all your strenght: Darkwolf and other law/military members, or activists members, or simply family men and women. I dare encourage you to be calm, use your power (whatever can be) to watch what's happening, don't be afraid of your government since you're the people and nobody can harm you if you are on the right side.

Your country is having a hard time: but all of us had hard times in our countries sooner or later. You'll face it, you'll handle it, you'll find yourself better than before. I'm sure of that.

Please forgive me if I spoke out too much.

Love,

Cornelia

August

CaryP, you said,

I don't think Darkwolf is here to do anyone any harm. I think he's part of what we see as the deterioration of our civil liberties. I think he's part of the solution, not part of the problem. I appreciate his posts, and if I'm not mistaken, he's an LEO (law enforcement officer). He may be able to provide us with info on what's going down. All of this is of course is my opinion and I could be wrong. I have a lot of respect for you August. Your posts are of the highest caliber, and I appreciate you being here. Let's see what Darkwolf has to contribute. I think he can be a valuable asset and ally. I don't think he's \"on the Kool Aid\" with what may being about to happen. Again, I could be wrong. I've had a rather long day, talking with clients about the financial apocalypse that's at our doorstep. The elections may be the floodgate that gets opened to wash most of the middle class down the proverbial drain. I hope I'm way wrong about the economic and financial hell that's about to unleashed on us all. But the stats and the evidence don't tilt that way. Just my thoughts.
If I thought Darkwolf were here to do harm to anyone, he'd know it. I have been straightforward about this topic in many other threads. My Clancy reference was an attempt to mark the "voice" I found in one of Darkwolf's thoughtful posts. And it was a compliment delivered in what I thought was a friendly, humorous manner. I know Darkwolf is a LEO and this I believed added to the humor.

And for the record: I believe the sum of my posts speak for themselves. I trust no one's sense of appropriateness more than my own; if I see something that does not seem right to me, I speak out. You can measure all my posts with this yardstick.

CaryP I am grateful for your friendship and your insights.

Darkwolf, I appreciate your posts and I hope you felt no ill will.

Cornelia, I am certainly not as calm as I should be, but I am more calm than most these days.

/August turns to those in the hall posting for the first time in the next few weeks, straining to see their unlit faces.

We all look forward to your posts. But here is some advice:

1. Read the rules of the forum.

2. This is a time travel forum. Titor comes up often. If you are looking for an aggressive, chanting, musket-wielding mob, we are not it. On your way.

3. Be careful what you say here. Imagine the kinds and numbers of members and guests who will be reading what you post.

Wow. That felt surprisingly good.