Lyssa

Lyssa

Lyssa

Hello,

My name is Lyssa. I have come here from the future to learn about you. I am sure that you will have many questions and I will do my best to answer them.

StarLord

Re: Lyssa

A huh. What proof can you give us that will help your claim. Remember no proof, no laundry.

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
A huh. ?What proof can you give us that will help your claim. ?Remember no proof, no laundry.[/b]

Unfortunately, I can not give you much proof and that is the reason that I posted here instead of the "are you one?" thread.

There are two reasons for this.

1. I do not know how time travel is accomplished, only the gals at the lab can tell you that. In my mission briefing they explained to me that that they have already read over this entire discussion in archive, but I was not allowed access to it in order to avoid contaminating my research here.

2. Even if I did understand the physics involved, I would not have been allowed to reveal it here.

I know that this will not come as welcome news to you and I apologize, however there is much that we can learn from one another if you have other questions.

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Buggy\")</div>
You refer to the 'gals in the lab' are there no guys in your time?[/b]

Yes, you are correct Buggy. That is the reason for our mission here. Starting around this time period, males began to suffer a high level of birth defects. Soon the problem grew to the point that male birthrates had dropped significantly. There were many theories as to why this was happening. Everything from environmental contamination to biological warfare. In order to address the problem most of our research focused on two primary areas. 1. Identify the cause of the male defects and cure it. And 2. Develop a way for females to reproduce without males. We accomplished the second objective early on, thus saving the human race from extinction but only after significant population reduction worldwide. Now we believe we have accomplished the second objective as well and we are preparing to reintroduce males into the population. I have come here to gain an understanding of what the ramifications of this will be. Internet forums such as this one provide a perfect medium for interacting with you without direct pysical contact.

Jhani

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lyssa\")</div>
Unfortunately, I can not give you much proof and that is the reason that I posted here instead of the \"are you one?\" thread.

There are two reasons for this.

1. I do not know how time travel is accomplished, only the gals at the lab can tell you that. In my mission briefing they explained to me that that they have already read over this entire discussion in archive, but I was not allowed access to it in order to avoid contaminating my research here.

2. Even if I did understand the physics involved, I would not have been allowed to reveal it here.

I know that this will not come as welcome news to you and I apologize, however there is much that we can learn from one another if you have other questions.[/b]

What year are you coming from?
How long are you here for?
Why are you here?

Jhani

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Lyssa\")</div>
Yes, you are correct Buggy. That is the reason for our mission here. Starting around this time period, males began to suffer a high level of birth defects. Soon the problem grew to the point that male birthrates had dropped significantly. There were many theories as to why this was happening. Everything from environmental contamination to biological warfare. In order to address the problem most of our research focused on two primary areas. 1. Identify the cause of the male defects and cure it. And 2. Develop a way for females to reproduce without males. We accomplished the second objective early on, thus saving the human race from extinction but only after significant population reduction worldwide. Now we believe we have accomplished the second objective as well and we preparing to reintroduce males into the population. I have come here to gain an understanding of what the ramifications of this will be. Internet forums such as this one provide a perfect medium for interacting with you without direct pysical contact.[/b]

Well, I guess you can just take all the guys that post on this board back with you then.. I think that's the only way. We would all be willing to help you make more male babies..

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Jhani\")</div>
What year are you coming from?
How long are you here for?
Why are you here?[/b]

I have come from July,7 2281. I am here for only three weeks. I am here to observe the behavior of males in this time to prepare a report on their reintroduction to our society.

Buggy

So what year is it that you come from? What year is time travel discovered, successfully tested, and put into service?

Lyssa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Jhani\")</div>
Well, I guess you can just take all the guys that post on this board back with you then.. I think that's the only way. We would all be willing to help you make more male babies..[/b]

I am afraid that will not be possible. We did however consider such a plan, but there is a probem. The doctors have explained in our briefing that the source of the male disease is a prion that attaches itself to the Y chromosome. They have developed a way to prevent this but it must be done to the fetus. You would not be able to avoid the prion in our time.