Magicians and Demons

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I always thought that Magicians and Conjurers knew secrets passed down from generation to generation via the Magic Circle. Secrets around using slight of hand to tease, entertain and tantalise us. Earthly tricks designed to leave us wondering 'How did they do that?'.. What if these tricks are not so Earthly after all? What if these Magicians have made pacts with the Devil and are always accompanied by Demons? Could they have Sold their Souls? and if so are they the only ones? What about our heroes in Sports and Music, what might they have given in return for success, power and wealth?

TnWatchdog

Great post Snake...I think there is and always has been the selling souls for success. I thought this to be true with music industry but hadn't thought about magicians much but the devil is the great deciever so this is a no brainer for him. Very interesting information, which makes you wonder how many people have lost their souls for shot of fame.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
I have heard stories that Napoleon was sometimes seen with a cloaked stranger and at Waterloo was heard to be in great debate with him. Napoleon was heard to say 'You promised me 21 years' and 'more time'... Could be nothing but how many others throughout history could have sold their souls for success and empire?

TimeFlipper

I always thought that Magicians and Conjurers knew secrets passed down from generation to generation via the Magic Circle. Secrets around using slight of hand to tease, entertain and tantalise us. Earthly tricks designed to leave us wondering 'How did they do that?'.. What if these tricks are not so Earthly after all? What if these Magicians have made pacts with the Devil and are always accompanied by Demons? Could they have Sold their Souls? and if so are they the only ones? What about our heroes in Sports and Music, what might they have given in return for success, power and wealth?

Come on Snake..you and Dawg know what i would want if i made a pact with the devil lol ;):D and he would know i wouldnt last long on this earth with all of them lol :eek:

Itheblaze

In Exodus ch 7:10-12, Moses's brother Aaron cast his rod to the ground and it became a serpent. The Pharaoh, then called his Wise Men, Sorcerers, also called Magicians of Egypt. Every man cast down his rod and they also become serpents. But Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods. So you see, both those of Heaven and Hell have the power/knowledge/wisdom, it's just the God of Heaven is greater. I believe the fallen Angel Lucifer/Satan is real and he is business man. He's always willing to make a deal. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul............Matthew 16:26

DEATH OMEN

Interesting topic to discuss and there is loads of info out there as to "demons", how to summon them, control them, what to do and not to do when messin' with them. Just a note, old saying, "Just be careful what you wish for."

TimeFlipper

Many years ago when i was at school a friend of mine brought me a book of short stories on the Occult...
The most chilling story i read was about Aleister Crowley and how he summoned up the god Pan, who is second to the Devil..
People around Crowleys house reported hearing very loud weird noises coming from inside which lasted for hours, but they were told by Crowley that under no circumstances should they try to go inside the house..

The following day they all decided to go into the house as all the noises had stopped and they discovered Crowley inside his room in the centre of a King Solomon Magic Circle, in a very bad way but still alive....Crowley became a very prominent person in the occult circles of the early 1900s writing several books on the subject and was seen as the wickedest man in the world with his own number of 666..