Magnet Wire for the HDR Caduceus coil

Username

I bought about 2000 feet of 21AWG Enameled magnet wire from Remington that I’m gonna use to wind the electromagnet. Can I use this wire for the caduceus coil too or will that cause a short? It looks like copper wire with a very thin painted enamel. Otherwise, what kind of wire is needed for the caduceus coil? Would I be able to use this magnet wire to connect the components inside the HDR? I’m worried the enamel is so thin it could short out.

I’ll include a picture of my magnet wire with some of the enamel scraped off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Username

Oh and what about the witness well windings? Can I use the magnet wire for that?

I held a strand of the magnet wire across the terminals of a AA battery and it didn’t heat up at all until I scraped off the enamel where it was touching the terminals and then both the wire and the battery heated up significantly and very quickly. This indicates that the enamel is providing some insulation but the AA battery is only 1.5 volts and the components inside the HDR could be exposed to up to 120 volts

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Use 21AWG magnet wire for everything inside the HDR. I researched this and found Gibbs also did this in descriptions he wrote. The enamel insulation on the magnet wire will insulate up to 600 volts before breaking down.