Mail Your Medical Bills to the Whitehouse

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I can't afford $1200 per month for Obamacare. I'm opting out. I'm keeping my money. No insurance in 2017 for me.

Please mail ALL of your medical bills to:

Barrack Obama, White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington, DC 20500

I've been posting this on Twitter all day. Please do the same. Spread this around. Thank you.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Does Obamacare really cost people $1200 per month?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Does Obamacare really cost people $1200 per month?

Mine is going up to $1200 per month. I can post the letter if you want. The lower cost plans ($800) have a $12,000 deductible and there is only 1 primary doctor on the list, so I'm not going to bother buying it anymore.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That's quite a lot. Otherwise, how much can it cost you if you visit the ER? On average?

Here in Quebec, the whole health care system is paid by the government, who knows exactly how much it costs to everyone of us. The ER is free for everyone who lives here.

Yes, we pay huge taxes!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That's quite a lot. Otherwise, how much can it cost you if you visit the ER? On average?

Here in Quebec, the whole health care system is paid by the government, who knows exactly how much it costs to everyone of us. The ER is free for everyone who lives here.

Yes, we pay huge taxes!

Average is about $4000 for a basic ER Visit. That would be my entire deductible. The lower priced plans with literally almost no doctors have a $12,000 deductible. There is only one primary care doctor left on that list. So, basically, I will be avoiding the ER at all costs. Can do urgent care (About $100-$150) for most things but any major emergency I am screwed.

I'd gladly pay a reasonable amount of taxes to have access to affordable healthcare. I had a C-section without insurance and my bill was $30,000. I'm currently in bankruptcy because of it --- the kind where I have to make payments every month. Bankruptcy is just protection from being sued by bill collectors.

There are no laws requiring doctors to actually ACCEPT Obamacare, so they are all dropping it. There are also no laws controlling the cost of it. It's a disaster.

Illegal immigrants (skin color and nationality irrelevant) have no social security # to bill, so they get all their healthcare free. My husband is a legal immigrant who pays taxes and contributes to our culture and society and is basically told "Too bad, so sad" because we supposedly make too much money for assistance. We own a small home but both have really old cars.
We do not live large.

There have been a few times in the summer where I received food from the food pantry (part of the charity where I work) because the snow birds leave for vacation and we don't have much work. Yet, I don't qualify for any type of assistance whatsoever.

I got a part time job (I need to be home for the kids after school) to help, but 12 hours per week isn't a lot of money. I try to put it all in savings when I can, but I just had to fork out $5000 for my son's orthodontics. Savings gone.

My dentist wants to pull a tooth and put in a bridge, but that is also about $4000, which I no longer have, so it ain't happening.