Man in High Castle

HDRKID

Man in High Castle is a TV series. Basically, it is a story where America loses WWII and Germany wins.

Basically, think of it as an alternate timeline where democracy is gone.

TAKEN FROM Opinion | "Man in the High Castle" suggests we still have a blind spot about American fascism
"The story focuses on Juliana Crain (Alexa Davalos), a resident of the Pacific states who learns that the anti-Nazi resistance is distributing film reels which show a world in which the Allies won the war. Over the course of the show, Juliana discovers that the films come from a real, alternate earth — our world. And at the beginning of the fourth season, she uses psychic powers to travel there. Meanwhile, John Smith (Rufus Sewell), an American who has risen to a high position in the Nazi hierarchy, works on building the technology to travel between the two worlds in hopes of conquering our universe, and every other alternate dimension, for the Reich."

Actually, this sounds similar to the operation southern cross.
Operation Southern Cross

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It's a great series. They just released a new season a few weeks ago. Can't wait to watch it. It's on Amazon Prime Video.

TimeFlipper

Sure... if someone here can burn the episodes from Amazon Prime to a DVD :LOL:.
Thank you, although i feel certain Num7 will know of follow up DVD`s on the original series, as it stands to sense that further interest and extra revenue, can be brought about for the producers of that series (y) :p..

Kairos

The novel it is based upon is sort of related to alternate timelines, but really it is like the characters in the story coming to grips with their fictional nature. The Japanese culture minister, being an extraordinarily virtuous man, transcends fiction in his death and experiences the real world California of the 1950s where the prejudices are reversed.

One interesting aspect of the novel is that PKD did not actually plot it out. He created the characters, and then used the I Ching to tell their future character arcs, which then created the plot randomly, or by cosmic direction if you believe in that sort of thing. It actually worked, and the novel was pretty good.

TimeFlipper

I had almost forgotten about the I Ching, perhaps you could start a new thread based on it....We are in need of a completely fresh topic (y):)