Mathematical knowledge to understand astrophysics or physics in general?

Kairos

You kind of need to go to college, dude. I am not a proponent of college for every damned thing like this college racket is selling people these days, but anything STEM-related requires in-class programs that are difficult and all-consuming for four to eight years. The mathematics you need to understand basic classical physics is just calc 1-3 and differential equations. If you want to go further, you need to understand tensors and so forth. I am a theoretical computer science guy, so my mathematics track is in a completely different direction from physics, but I have some knowledge of what you need.

It's like you are asking me what you need to know to compete in an MMA match. Well, that involves years of practice and study under people who know what they are doing and know how to properly train you. You don't practice at home with your Walmart boxing gear and then go compete in MMA. It's similar with physics unless you are a prodigy.

Discord

You kind of need to go to college, dude. I am not a proponent of college for every damned thing like this college racket is selling people these days, but anything STEM-related requires in-class programs that are difficult and all-consuming for four to eight years. The mathematics you need to understand basic classical physics is just calc 1-3 and differential equations. If you want to go further, you need to understand tensors and so forth. I am a theoretical computer science guy, so my mathematics track is in a completely different direction from physics, but I have some knowledge of what you need.
College isn't a validation of intellect and never has been. The only reason it has been thought of in such a way is because people think its a pass that you're on the right track. Take me for example, When I went Cornell University for 3 years for electrical engineering for my doctorate, it was to say the least boring and although challenging at times, easy overall. Studying by yourself correctly and efficiently outranks any advanced public education.

start at edge

College isn't a validation of intellect and never has been. The only reason it has been thought of in such a way is because people think its a pass that you're on the right track. Take me for example, When I went Cornell University for 3 years for electrical engineering for my doctorate, it was to say the least boring and although challenging at times, easy overall. Studying by yourself correctly and efficiently outranks any advanced public education.
View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807View attachment 8807
Well done, Bravo !!!
Maybe it is seen as a pass of being on the right track .. but on THEIR track.
In any stage of (public) school, anywhere in the world, one is appreciated (and often admitted as a student) only if he (or she) thinks the way THEY want, the way it suits THEM best.