May 5, 2005

StarLord

Re: May 5, 2005

The only thing that will happen is a new day will dawn. Just another day in paradise.

Tom

Well, It's May 5th here and Australia, Nothing so far.

(Don't get me wrong. I'm very happy about that).

Complete Stranger

There are some things about May 5, 2005 I haven't seen posted here yet...

On the religious side of things:

* May 5th will be Ascension Day on the Christian liturgical calendar
* May 5th will be the National Day of Prayer in America

On the "sky" side of things:

* On May 5th, the earth will pass through the tail of Halley's comet ("Signs" in the sky? Perhaps, but whatever the significance, it will make for some pretty good viewing if you own a telescope) I found some pretty good info at
http://www.spaceweather.com/meteors/etaaqu...taaquarids.html
* May 5th, 2005 is the midpoint between Spring Equinox and Summer Solstice

On the festival/celebration side of things:

* On May 5th, Disneyland will begin celebrating it's 50th anniversary
* May 5th will be Yom Hashoah for Jews
* May 5th is Cinco de Mayo (which has been mentioned here)

(Of course, this means that if something bad does happen, it will mess up a lot of good parties...)

I also noticed that there were some posters wondering about 11:11, which has multiple strange associations. Among them, 11:11 is the exact time of the winter solstice on Dec. 12, 2012. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the "end of the world date" according to the Mayan calender. I mention this because I seem to recall that this date was discussed here somewhere (or in one of the links) This time/date info comes from people with much better calculators than I:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

My part in all this started a few days ago. I know no other way to explain it than to simply say that I felt something in the wind. Metaphorically and literally. (Cue "Blowin in the Wind") :grin: I've been keeping an eye on the wind lately, because of a nearby forest fire. The wind was blowing quite strongly a few days ago, followed shortly thereafter by an unusual and sudden dead calm. It made me say to myself, "hmm, something's up. Not today though. What's coming up this week?" This led me to May 5th, and a general internet search about what significant events might be happening. During the search I found this thread, and I thought it was rather interesting that I'm not the only one with raised eyebrows.

Of course, I'd be the first to admit that this all could be pure happenstance and balderdash. End of the world? Highly unlikely, and I certainly hope not. I graduate on Sat! How much would that suck, to work so hard for a degree and die the day before receiving it... :lol: Of course, I would not rule out some kind of unusual event. Earthquake? Volcanic erruption? Revelation that Brittany Spears is a man? A betting pool might not be a bad idea, except that the day's already here. All's clear so far, but then it's early yet...

Well Ravelled

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Complete Stranger\")</div>
There are some things about May 5, 2005 I haven't seen posted here yet...

On the religious side of things:

* May 5th will be Ascension Day on the Christian liturgical calendar
* May 5th will be the National Day of Prayer in America

On the \"sky\" side of things:

* On May 5th, the earth will pass through the tail of Halley's comet (\"Signs\" in the sky? Perhaps, but whatever the significance, it will make for some pretty good viewing if you own a telescope) I found some pretty good info at
http://www.spaceweather.com/meteors/etaaqu...taaquarids.html
* May 5th, 2005 is the midpoint between Spring Equinox and Summer Solstice

On the festival/celebration side of things:

* On May 5th, Disneyland will begin celebrating it's 50th anniversary
* May 5th will be Yom Hashoah for Jews
* May 5th is Cinco de Mayo (which has been mentioned here)

(Of course, this means that if something bad does happen, it will mess up a lot of good parties...)

I also noticed that there were some posters wondering about 11:11, which has multiple strange associations. Among them, 11:11 is the exact time of the winter solstice on Dec. 12, 2012. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the \"end of the world date\" according to the Mayan calender. I mention this because I seem to recall that this date was discussed here somewhere (or in one of the links) This time/date info comes from people with much better calculators than I:

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/EarthSeasons.html

My part in all this started a few days ago. I know no other way to explain it than to simply say that I felt something in the wind. Metaphorically and literally. (Cue \"Blowin in the Wind\") :grin: I've been keeping an eye on the wind lately, because of a nearby forest fire. The wind was blowing quite strongly a few days ago, followed shortly thereafter by an unusual and sudden dead calm. It made me say to myself, \"hmm, something's up. Not today though. What's coming up this week?\" This led me to May 5th, and a general internet search about what significant events might be happening. During the search I found this thread, and I thought it was rather interesting that I'm not the only one with raised eyebrows.

Of course, I'd be the first to admit that this all could be pure happenstance and balderdash. End of the world? Highly unlikely, and I certainly hope not. I graduate on Sat! How much would that suck, to work so hard for a degree and die the day before receiving it... :lol: Of course, I would not rule out some kind of unusual event. Earthquake? Volcanic erruption? Revelation that Brittany Spears is a man? A betting pool might not be a bad idea, except that the day's already here. All's clear so far, but then it's early yet...[/b]

Looks like someone else has clicked onto it...

http://communicate.godskitchen.com/uk/show...ead.php?t=71991

Apparently it's to do with a solar flare of gamma radiation... it's mentioned on about page 3!! :unsure:

StarLord

Nada, Zip, Zilch. Well, what's the next 'new' date for the World as we know it to end I wonder?

gl100

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Nada, Zip, Zilch. ?Well, ?what's the next 'new' date for the World as we know it to end I wonder?[/b]

Hoss, I think it already passed. Twice.

09/18/70
10/04/70

.... so let stop talking falsely now,the hour is getting late.

smokeringhalo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Nada, Zip, Zilch. Well, what's the next 'new' date for the World as we know it to end I wonder?[/b]

Theres a WW3 prediction for august of next year.

Harry

Greetings, would-be fellow travelers:

Well. Let's see here. 11:55 AM here in Richmond, Virginny, and no sign of imminent global catastrophe. Tick...tick...tick...somebody pull this tick! Time keeps on slippin', slippin' into the...future....(cue music)

Well, there's the rest of the day for the End of All. And correct me: do people want the world to end, of a sudden and through incomprehensible violence? This is the real world, guys, not some bad Republic pictures serial. Which is where most of these conspiracy theories come from. And, it seems, most of the conspirators.

I suppose if the End of All doesn't occur today, we'll all just have to get up in the morning and do the same dang thing we did today. Put your finger to the wind. It's a beautiful spring day. Walk to work. Something. Too much time in the head leads you to become head encased.

And, as I've noted in another stream, as the great sage and poet Sun Ra stated, "It's already the end of the world, don't you know that, yet?"

We're living in it. We just have to figure out the best way to live with it.

And as another poet wrote, "This is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but a whimper."

The Revolution may not be televised, but the whimpering will be read on the Internet. Praise be.

Your ob't savant,

HEK

P.S. Loved the Vatikan joke. But, face it folks, through schisms, ex communications, false monks, and the DeMedicis, what goes on in the Lateran didn't ever make the world end. Sure, it's made bad things worse...You know, it occurs to me, this is all about the fear of change, and reading CNN and the sky for signs and sigils and sybmols is a bit like...well. Anybody ever see "A Beautiful Mind"? Jennifer Connelly, is all I'm sayin'.

PhantomLord

Well some emmy award winner decided to blow up a couple home made bombs in midtown manhattan this morning.

I know its serious, but its pretty damn funny that they damaged a flower pot.

Speculation is has something to do with the British Election since it was outside The British Consulate and a couple hours ago the NYPD picked up some UN Worker from Norway for questioning since he was in the area right after the home made grenades went off.

But I guess a broken flower pot is better then something horrible happening.