May be different than you thought

aTokyoTeddyBear

Just woke up recently, and for some reason, a thought just hit me.
What if Traveling through time, was possible, just not the way everything thinks it is.
I started thinking, that while "Time Travel" may not be possible, but also it can be..

Lets say, You cant really go back/forward in time. But you would actually be going into an alternate dimension, which is currently IN that time. I've heard that dimension hopping can be possible. Even closer than time travel. So it's maybe not that far off of an idea!

And if this were true, that means, whatever you did on that "time/dimension". Wouldn't affect your timeline. It would only affect the future of that one dimension! Example being, you going back and assassinating you granpa for whatever reason. No, you wouldnt stop existing, you just stopped yourself from ever existing in that dimension..

--I'm sure someone else might have thought this, but i just wanted to share a random idea i had--

TnWatchdog

I remember as a youngster I freaked my grandparents out when I was visiting them. All of a sudden I explain to them that in their farmhouse there could be someone farming with a horse and plow crossing their living room in a different dimension. I only remember saying this because it freaked him out.
Who knows maybe I was watching too much Twilight Zone at the time or actually had the thought.

TimeFlipper

I remember as a youngster I freaked my grandparents out when I was visiting them. All of a sudden I explain to them that in their farmhouse there could be someone farming with a horse and plow crossing their living room in a different dimension. I only remember saying this because it freaked him out.
Who knows maybe I was watching too much Twilight Zone at the time or actually had the thought.

But Dawg, maybe in your grandparents day there actually was a horse and plow being used on their farm...I doubt that they understood what you meant by different dimension, perhaps they thought you said, a different dalmatian (a dog) :D..