meeting yourself

parisdrama

Ive always believed that time travelers cannot meet there older or younger selves because two things cannot occupy the same space and if they did get close to one another it would cause a paradox or somthing equally destructive, its just my own personal opinion that maybe cases of spontaneous human combustion could well be caused as a result of time travelers meeting themselfs, id be interested in hearing other peoples opinions

not_a_DJ

Yes I agree with that but I think spontaneous human combustion is originated by a strange obsesion with fire and burning things, like feeling you are a guy with powers and you get excited and start thinking of those powers all of the time until the day you get destroyed yourself by your own uncontrolable powers . Like LOA used against yourself.

A time ago I used to think in meeting myself, so Im gonna die, but if you arrange to appear in a different place (some part of the house there's nobody walking around) maybe you can't hurt so there are two bodies, 'two yourselfs' and what if you take a mask? So your past self can't identify your coming-from-future self.

also I was really stucked thinking about that so I started to perceive that ancient house, I mean I started to visualize the while past time where my family and me were having a normal day, inside my mind and superpossed into this same house. Like invoking that reality uplayered un this INE until it becomes real. The matter was the forniture arrange, my bed and some other stuff.

The key to get that is:
... As real / as vivid as.... (a)

Where 'a' is your own real past, seen as you're watching it through a TV, with yourself living normally, like a show. then you attract that image to your sourrounding world until you are in.

If you are in, then the time travel was made succesfully.

One risk of doing so, is you can get self-hypnozed and nothing happens, like the people that get hypnotisized and think they are animals in front of other people, and they can't realize that they're acting like dumbass...

Last edited:

not_a_DJ

I thought it twice, lets treat everything as a single timeline / continuitiy.
You go to the past, yourself are a timeline. You, your body, mind, clothes, everything.

You are in the past. You write a message. The continuity / timeline of the piece of paper was affected by you. Who cares? It's just a paper. Oh! somebody from the future came here and wrote strange things about the future, oh noes!

You deliver that message / letter to yourself in the past, the past you.
You alter/interfere your own timeline/continuity by doing so, making to take different choices instead the mistakes or dangers you are going to live / already lived.

Im not sure of what happens once the letter is delivered, and read. Probably you (future) just vanish and reappear exactly in the moment you're reading the letter, like a new beginning. Like reseting the game...or everything is a chaos, you don't remeber anything and the location or place you're in are totally new and different. Who knows.

It's still to discover what about the deja vu. Where are the memories of having those experiences yourself avoided? Like in the butterfly effect movie, probably your mind gets overloaded with new experiences.

Then there are two possible results. The butterfly effect effect, and
the reset - new beginning parting from the letter/messsage.

not_a_DJ

A continuity wich is going to dissapear can perfectly affect other continuity that is not going to dissapear.

Ley me explain this.

We have A and B.
A is you from the future.
B is you, from the past.

Subject A travels time and goes to the past to tell subject B what to do, and what not to do. Because of the timeline paradox and selfcancelling phenomena, subject A cannot talk directly to B, but he can write a letter and then deliver the message. When B reads the letter, subject A may dissapear but not his letter. Continuity of B affected subject A, because they are the same(you). Continuity of the letter was not affected, just as somebody else came and put what he had to put in there.

Result: a new continuity of B, in other words, you changed the way your gonna live the past. The future you are living may vanish...