Memorial

Yeats

“Let us imagine that our present existence consists of nothing more than a simulation being run by others. If this can be granted, then time travel (or, more accurately, alternate universe travel via the U network) is nothing more than the transfer of the data packet that we call “consciousness” to a different point in the simulation, or to a different simulation.” -- Taobot, June 1, 2001

Twenty years ago.

Time (if that’s what it is) flies.

Yeats

"However, while we observe that there is certainly transposition of consciousness taking place across some nodes, the mechanics of how this switching occurs has yet to be fully understood and cannot (as yet) be accurately predicted.” – Taobot. June 21, 2001

Twenty years.

Wish I could get there from here.

Tictoc, my old friends. Tictoc.

Last edited:

Yeats

"The brain itself is the device. The psychological state of the brain determines the direction of the signal." -- Maya, August 5, 2001

Yeats

"However, the subject's psychological makeup also ensures that any alternate encountered cannot be vastly different from that in which the subject is accustomed. Any changes may perhaps be much too subtle to detect." -- Maya, August 13, 2001

Yeats

"Know what you are doing while you are in the act of doing it. If you can manage to do that, then you can occasionally get a glimpse of what is behind the curtain." -- 45earp. August 16, 2001

You're probably really gone by now, aren't you, you cranky old son of a bitch? You were even older then than I am now, so I suppose so.

It was because of you that traveller eventually chose his avatar.

1 -Traveller Avatar.jpg

Arrogance.

Last edited:

Yeats

I know why they are gone. It was my ego nature -- my desire to be some kind of discoverer, or inventor, or leader, or guru -- to be the CENTER OF THINGS.

An impossible and absurd desire to be sure, yet one which all of us -- to a lesser or a greater degree -- have in common.

I thought that I had rid myself of this all-too-human part of myself, or at least that I could keep it under control. I could not. Who can?

I wonder if they wonder about me?

-- Journal entry. September 17, 2001

Contactee33

Could you expand upon the U network and the idea of entities behind our plane. My experience of time travel seemed to involve transfer to an alternate dimension very similar to this one. I was in a state of psychosis, but the events which unfolded were real. At the end of a night I had moved an extra day forward. Everything you've said seems to match up with my experiences. Any further thoughts of yours I'd love to hear

Yeats

Unfortunately, I am neither a doctor nor an engineer. I can't help you.

My only purpose for this thread is as a remembrance to absent friends -- nothing more.

Last edited: