Mind Blown, Speechless...

Wee

I'm not going to lie. I love to watch the ghost hunting shows and I'm addicted to the Travel Channel's haunted places, Ghost Adventures, etc...

I have seen a few episodes of The Dead Files...really doesn't impress me much because I never found it believable until last weeks episode hit me a little too close to home. I suppose mediums are real, I can't say they aren't b/c I have never experienced one.

The episode was about a family witnessing a black mass in their home. It would make noises, physically touch people in the house, and basically caused emotional chaos. The figure was described by the daughter in the home as a "shadow man"

The parents were on the verge of a divorce...the little girl faced severe depression and feared falling asleep at night, and the "shadow" constantly watched her from a specific corner of the house....I felt like I was watching my entire childhood played out on TV. I instantly got chills down my spine when the man who owned the house was describing what he saw and felt. It was my life down to a Tee. My jaw hit the floor in the first five minutes of the episode.

When the medium, Amy, began describing what a shadow figure does, I felt like everything I questioned about my childhood haunting was explained. The giant shadow hand on the wall waving at me with no one in my room, the nightmares, the apparitions, being physically pushed out of bed on more than one occasion...I have went to priests, ghost hunting teams, etc, and no one could tell me what it was. Many people question what a shadow man is, because they are not efficiently studied and many "mediums" cannot very easily communicate with them. Some people think they are alien beings watching/tormenting. It explains why my mothers house still feels cold, and a negative presence is still there...it explains why after blessing, praying, trying to exorcise the house will not work...because you can't remove them. Once they are there, they won't leave.

I still have many questions and concerns, but I feel like I was meant to watch the show at that time because it explained a lot that I always questioned.

Has anyone ever experienced the "shadow" figures or know anything more about them? It isn't something I want to obsess over; however, I do worry about my mother who still lives in the house.

Justinian

I listen to Jim Harold's podcasts as of late and he mentions them a few times. Might be a direction to look.

Dr.Acula

Can't say what I experienced was a Shadow Man, because to this day I still believe what I experienced was The Reaper. A few years ago I got a concussion while skateboarding and as my brother was helping me home, I looked to the right in the field and through the weed's I saw what i honestly believe to have been The Reaper.

BlastTyrant

I have some experience with shadow people, there have been Investigations i went on where they have morphed into different creatures as well.

There are several theory's on Shadow People

One is that they are in fact from a parallel universe to our own and have some how appeared in our reality whether it be in death or device but they have some how managed to cross over into our own reality.

Another one is they are in fact a lesser Demon, this theory tends to coincide with most reports of Shadow people as they tend to be more violent and terrifying then your typical ghost, think of a Demon in training.

Yet another theory is that they are a spirit who is tormented, think of a ghost who couldn't move on after a violent death and want's to stay, supposedly they just stay in limbo here and eventually turn into shadow people, or someone who is afraid to move on due to the uncertainty of going to heaven or hell so instead they stay here and the regrets eventually turn them into Shadow people.

Then of course there are the bad and the "Eh i don't care kind" of shadow people, really the 2 main reports of shadow people are either they torment people or they just seem to walk around.

My experience with them was the "Eh i don't care" we spotted them in camera and with the naked eye but besides being a moving shadow there was nothing more to them, the one i mentioned that morphed appeared on the infrared camera as a person then slowly morphed into a spider and dissipated.....Honest to god a F'ing spider when they said that on the walkies talkie i damn near lost it, Freaking hate spiders.

BUT there is also a older post here maybe someone can dig it up for you regarding the Eyes of a shadow person, good read.
I should really stop typing so much haha

Kurt

I never experienced "the shadow man" but did have an encounter with some sort of presence when I was younger. It never pushed me out of the bed but I did witness it create some negative tension and also would see things move "by themselves".

Wee

I have some experience with shadow people, there have been Investigations i went on where they have morphed into different creatures as well.

There are several theory's on Shadow People

One is that they are in fact from a parallel universe to our own and have some how appeared in our reality whether it be in death or device but they have some how managed to cross over into our own reality.

Another one is they are in fact a lesser Demon, this theory tends to coincide with most reports of Shadow people as they tend to be more violent and terrifying then your typical ghost, think of a Demon in training.

Yet another theory is that they are a spirit who is tormented, think of a ghost who couldn't move on after a violent death and want's to stay, supposedly they just stay in limbo here and eventually turn into shadow people, or someone who is afraid to move on due to the uncertainty of going to heaven or hell so instead they stay here and the regrets eventually turn them into Shadow people.

Then of course there are the bad and the "Eh i don't care kind" of shadow people, really the 2 main reports of shadow people are either they torment people or they just seem to walk around.

My experience with them was the "Eh i don't care" we spotted them in camera and with the naked eye but besides being a moving shadow there was nothing more to them, the one i mentioned that morphed appeared on the infrared camera as a person then slowly morphed into a spider and dissipated.....Honest to god a F'ing spider when they said that on the walkies talkie i damn near lost it, Freaking hate spiders.

BUT there is also a older post here maybe someone can dig it up for you regarding the Eyes of a shadow person, good read.
I should really stop typing so much haha

You have heard the same things I have heard, and no, you didn't type to much, I appreciate your reply! The last time I physically saw the shadow person, was right after my parents split...I saw him head on (not peripheral for once) walking down the street. He wore all black, he had brown hair, and no eyes. His hands looked like they were in pockets, his head was down when he walked...He looked at me from the window and disappeared...but the house still doesn't feel right. Even though that happened, I don't think he ever left, even though the activity has died down. The basement is the most uncomfortable place of all. It is truly scary. The dogs will absolutely not go down there, and they are able to climb up and down stairs. It was storming horribly last summer...the power went out, trees were falling over, and those dogs flat out refused to go down in the basement with my mother. They fought her not to go down there.

Wee

I never experienced "the shadow man" but did have an encounter with some sort of presence when I was younger. It never pushed me out of the bed but I did witness it create some negative tension and also would see things move "by themselves".
I never saw anything move by itself except my TV. I had one of those old-time TVs that had the dial on it to change the channel. One morning, it kept turning by itsself. Another time was seeing a shadow hand on the wall, moving around. No one was in my room but me, and I was under the covers. Last year around Christmas, I was laying on the couch, my legs across my husbands. I felt something smack my big dangling earring on my left ear. I playfully smacked him and told him to quit, and he was like "...what did I do???" "Your messing with my earring" "Baby, I didn't touch you. My hands are over here, I swear" and I could tell he was telling the truth.

BlastTyrant

Was going to quote you Wee but the function isn't working right for me.

It always has to be the Basement or Attic hu? Have you considered butting a Holy Symbol down there to see what would happen? I mean you don't want to piss it off so that may not be the best of idea's but really if it isn't tormenting you or your family "That you know of" it can usually be best just to live with it, a shadow person seems to have a bit more power than a regular ghost so antagonizing it may not be the best and removal may only bring more problems and really get him going.

Wee

Was going to quote you Wee but the function isn't working right for me.

It always has to be the Basement or Attic hu? Have you considered butting a Holy Symbol down there to see what would happen? I mean you don't want to piss it off so that may not be the best of idea's but really if it isn't tormenting you or your family "That you know of" it can usually be best just to live with it, a shadow person seems to have a bit more power than a regular ghost so antagonizing it may not be the best and removal may only bring more problems and really get him going.
I/we have tried to exorcise the house. Whatever it is does not want to leave, period. It really makes it angry when I've tried various things. It is strong enough to pull a soul from a sleeping body, cause sleep paralysis, project nightmares, etc. It creates this horrible black cloud of darkness and depression.

The house hasn't been fixed up in years. I can tell my mom is just severely unhappy living there. Not to bring up family issues but she has had a drinking problem since my dad left her. It has only gotten worse through out the years...she is in extreme denial. You just can't reason with her, which is odd for someone who is a great and very intelligent critical care nurse (It is odd to me anyways)...I did an EVP session one time. IT was the only time I have tried communication. I caught the sound of bootsteps, walking across the floor, and a woman's voice, very faint. She seemed surprised I was trying to communicate. Then I heard a smacking sound, like someone banging on pots and pans, throwing them from the kitchen. Most of the activity now is geared toward the kitchen, and the basement. (You can get to the basement from the kitchen)...

Anytime someone comes over, their mood shifts and is different from when they walk in. I don't think it is removable whatever shadow person is haunting there. The only person it has physically attacked was me, and I think it is because I am the only one that has seen it and is aware of its existence.

There is a woman presence there too. I have seen her twice, just not in a long time. I don't think she is evil though. She looks almost old english. Long white dress with pink lace, long brown wavy hair with a bonnet and flowers in it.