Mind loop

Beholder

Sometimes I write a text file on my computer, make up a long name for it and pick a folder to save it in. Then I realize that I had already written an identical text file, with exactly the same name, in the same folder. Thus I can't save my new file because it had already been written in the past, without me remembering it.

Can this be a time paradox, or just the mind being very deterministic? My memory is usually good, because I can recite dictionary definitions for random words from memory on demand.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What you are talking about is something we all experience as we get older. It's a memory glitch. As we age our brains produce less and less acetylcholine. A necessary component for memory processing. I have found myself repeating a similar mistake. Occasionally when browsing in a book store I will see a book I like and purchase it. Only to find out when I get home that I already have 3 more copies of the same book.

Beholder

What you are talking about is something we all experience as we get older. It's a memory glitch. As we age our brains produce less and less acetylcholine. A necessary component for memory processing. I have found myself repeating a similar mistake. Occasionally when browsing in a book store I will see a book I like and purchase it. Only to find out when I get home that I already have 3 more copies of the same book.
My dad ended up buying 20 liters of fondue sauce, one bottle at a time. Hope that I don't inherit his memory.