Ministry of Truth

alpha centauri

Welcome to 1984, where truth is the new "hate speech"

View attachment 14423
We had something similar with the ministry of enlightenment and propaganda. That did not end well.
The minister was Josef Goebbels.

The either have to elect neutral people without biases (for that you have to practice some kind of spirtual teaching like loving-kindness that is proven to reduce biases APA PsycNet ) or they have to elect both Republican and Democrats, so that their biases are equally distributed. But I think they will not do either of that.

Beholder

We had something similar with the ministry of enlightenment and propaganda. That did not end well.
The minister was Josef Goebbels.

The either have to elect neutral people without biases (for that you have to practice some kind of spirtual teaching like loving-kindness) or they have to elect both Republican and Democrats, so that their biases are equally distributed. But I think they will not do either of that.
Universities teach ethics using autonomous heuristic techniques that make it almost impossible to have personal bias. You create a 2D table with each effect and stakeholder. Then you fill each cell with consequences and mark it as good or bad for each combination of effect and stakeholder. If the whole thing turns red, it's hard to lie to yourself about what the right course of action is. It works because personal bias is not in the ability to judge good or bad intrinsically, but from the blind spots of egoistical and dogmatic thinking tied to survival in single minded groups. Anyone claiming that someone innocent dying painfully is intrinsically good would instantly be spotted as a liar.

Or people can just read their news from all over the world while ignoring polarized media. Most of the world's media attention has been focused on the Ethiopian dam project that is an existential threat to Egypt, but western "world news" didn't even mention Ethiopia until Tigray separatists started a war against their central government, aligning with stereotypes about chaotic Africa where wars just happen sporadically for no reason. Easy to steer the agenda if people are not in on world events as they happen and can be told anything selectively in hindsight to fit the party agenda.

alpha centauri

Universities teach ethics using autonomous heuristic techniques that make it almost impossible to have personal bias. You create a 2D table with each effect and stakeholder. Then you fill each cell with consequences and mark it as good or bad for each combination of effect and stakeholder. If the whole thing turns red, it's hard to lie to yourself about what the right course of action is. It works because personal bias is not in the ability to judge good or bad intrinsically, but from the blind spots of egoistical and dogmatic thinking tied to survival in single minded groups. Anyone claiming that someone innocent dying painfully is intrinsically good would instantly be spotted as a liar.
I mean the spiritual bias. You have certain hormones and neurotransmitters that let you love your in-groups more than the out-groups. That is what has to be erased.

But, I see biases in the media. So I dont think they use these kind of techniques.

If you have a biasless society through these techniques, that will still not be good spiritual development. That is just through logic.

And they have to fight their inner biases, through their logic. Because they are still there. I hope that make sense. Otherwise I have to explain it in another way.

Or people can just read their news from all over the world while ignoring polarized media. Most of the world's media attention has been focused on the Ethiopian dam project that is an existential threat to Egypt, but western "world news" didn't even mention Ethiopia until Tigray separatists started a war against their central government, aligning with stereotypes about chaotic Africa where wars just happen sporadically for no reason. Easy to steer the agenda if people are not in on world events as they happen and can be told anything selectively in hindsight to fit the party agenda.
I saw this in the media, that Egypt was against the dam. That was years ago.

On the other hand the media also picture the US and the West in a very bad light. So you can argue if the media is biased. They see nearly everything as bad.

Beholder

I mean the spiritual bias. You have certain hormones and neurotransmitters that let you love your in-groups more than the out-groups. That is what has to be erased.

But, I see biases in the media. So I dont think they use these kind of techniques.

If you have a biasless society through these techniques, that will still not be good spiritual development. That is just through logic.

And they have to fight their inner biases, through their logic. Because they are still there. I hope that make sense. Otherwise I have to explain it in another way.

I saw this in the media, that Egypt was against the dam. That was years ago.

On the other hand the media also picture the US and the West in a very bad light. So you can argue if the media is biased. They see nearly everything as bad.
The group thinking hormone is Oxytocin, which is released from hugs, family and friendship. Oxytocin is important to counter addiction to biased news, so we can't just remove it.

The Guardian is anti-republican, The Sun is anti-democrat, Al-Jazeera is anti-Israel, Reuters is anti-Sweden, Expressen is anti-Russia, Times of India is anti-Nato, and most of the major news outlets are owned by big oil, a dictator or a billionaire. So if you read Al-Jazeera, just stay out of the one sided reporting over israel and do the same for the other sources once their bias is identified.

Last edited:

alpha centauri

The group thinking hormone is Oxytocin, which is released from hugs, family and friendship. Oxytocin is important to counter addiction to biased news, so we can't just remove it.
I dont know for sure. I just know that this meditation counteracts the biases. And I think that this meditation could even increase the hormone oxytocin, so that would contradict what you are saying. But that does not matter what hormone and neurotransmitter it is.

I think noradrenaline, probably also adrenaline. The neurotransmitters that you release when you feel superior. https://psych2.phil.uni-erlangen.de/~oschult/humanlab/publications/ssjrp.pdf
You become agitated through noradrenaline and loving-kindness calms you down.That is why I think that is the neurotransmitter.

Oxytocin is also one hormone that plays a role and also testosterone, but I think that they play not the main role.

The Guardian is anti-republican, The Sun is anti-democrat, Al-Jazeera is anti-Israel, Reuters is anti-Sweden, Expressen is anti-Russia, Times of India is anti-Nato, and most of the major news outlets are owned by big oil, a dictator or a billionaire. So if you read Al-Jazeera, just stay out of the one sided reporting over israel and do the same for the other sources once their bias is identified.
Al-Jazeera criticizes everything on others, what Mohammed has also done according to the Quran, without criticizing Mohammed. They have a pretty racist bias, I know.

The other newspapers, I have not read very often except the Sun but that is more gossip than a newspaper and I read mainly the part about sports.

1timeonly

Who determines truth?
The individual, and the individual alone, determines the truth for himself or herself.

Not the state. Not the church. Not the media. Not academia. Not any body of so called "experts". In fact, not any other body whatsoever. Period.

If you believe otherwise, then you have surrendered not only your freedom to think for yourself, but your humanity as well. For it is our thoughts alone -- be they right or wrong -- which elevate us above the other creatures of this world.

Of course, this is only my opinion -- my truth, if you will. You can either accept it and live in freedom or reject it and likely become one of the growing herd that have surrendered to the authorities and dictators of this world.

It's your choice. That is, it's your choice for as long as you remain a human being.

(Edited slightly so as to not give the impression that I am an "either/or" type of absolutist ass. Thank you, Wind7.)

Last edited: