More Wars?!?!?

CaryP

More Wars?!?!?

Those "targets" have been on the Bushco radar for some time now yeyeman. Look for more excuses to 'liberate" the citizens there, or "pre-emptively protect our freedom and our way of life." What a crock.

Cary

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
More Wars?!?!?

Originally posted by CaryP@Jan 5 2005, 10:39 PM
Those \"targets\" have been on the Bushco radar for some time now yeyeman. Look for more excuses to 'liberate\" the citizens there, or \"pre-emptively protect our freedom and our way of life.\" What a crock.

Cary

Ohhh Cary, made my mirth glands ripple there fella. :lol:

Kalagast

More Wars?!?!?

If our current administration sincerely believes they have a chance at taking down Iran, then I will revoke all previous claims I've ever made about profit schemes from the Iraq War and fully accept that the entire current state of the world was set up the day I was born to see how long humanity could pull one over on me before something so ridiculous comes along that I figure it out. Mind you, I'm not saying that I don't foresee a war in Iran. I'm just saying I'd be surprised if our administration actually thought it would be advideable.

The scenario for defeat is considerable. Iran's state regime won't be any pushover like Hussein's was, and there will be even less international support than there was for Iraq. Even if we manage to best the state, the civil disorder and opposition that follows will make us look back on the Iraq War with thoughtful nostalgia. Not to mention the very possible erruption of the entire Middle East into war following an attack on Iran.

As for the motivation for war (assuming the fact that the primary motivation behind our involvement in the Middle East whatsoever is economical is disregarded)? I say if Iran wants nuclear weapons, let them have them. I see a counter to Israel's nuclear power in the region quite healthy, if not necessary. And in spite of what the current American administration incoherrently claims, Iran has shown itself to be quite reasonable and cooperative when it comes to foreign interaction, especially by contrast to their regional peers (Israel not withstanding).

Unlike Syria and others, Iran has not enthusiastically demanded the utter destruction of the state of Israel, preferrably along with a vast majority of its citizens. They have simply called for the peaceful creation of an independent Palestinian state. If that happens, then Iran officially has no problem with Israel.

It's slow and it's far from perfect, but Iran has also been one of the few states in the area that has proven itself to be independently moving toward a more free and democratic system. It will be a long while yet, but they are making progress. And more importantly, it can work, as opposed to, as a hypothetical example, invading an authoritarian state filled with ethnic and religious tension, even hatred, that has been fueled for well over six thousand years and declaring, "Full on democracy!" twenty months later.

As for nuclear technology, I'm going to argue that Iran has it as deterrance, nothing more. With Israel's nuclear arsenal, and recent developments in the Middle East, who can blame them for being scared out of their minds? It's effectively a potent security blanket. Contrary to popular belief in the United States, few countries, Iran definitely not one of them, would voluntarily make the decision to engage in a nuclear conflict. If anything, Israel has shown itself to be far less trustworthy with such "desperation moves" as nuclear weapons in the past. Israel gaining nuclear weapons frightens me far more than Iran gaining them, but I suppose it's too late for that now.

In any case, I tend to get too deep in rants. I was going to go on about the concept of the sovereign state and complain that the war in Iraq was motivated by needs for oil, but I think it's best if I just shut up.

StarLord

More Wars?!?!?

Originally posted by Kalagast@Jan 12 2005, 08:28 PM
It's slow and it's far from perfect, but Iran has also been one of the few states in the area that has proven itself to be independently moving toward a more free and democratic system. It will be a long while yet, but they are making progress. And more importantly, it can work, as opposed to, as a hypothetical example, invading an authoritarian state filled with ethnic and religious tension, even hatred, that has been fueled for well over six thousand years and declaring, \"Full on democracy!\" twenty months later.

Kalagast, did you mean to say that their government is so progressive that they have given up the harboring of terrorists AND that they have taken it upon themselves the odious task of eradicating terrorists training camps in their own country?

PyRo99

More Wars?!?!?

Originally posted by Kalagast@Jan 12 2005, 10:28 PM
If our current administration sincerely believes they have a chance at taking down Iran, then I will revoke all previous claims I've ever made about profit schemes from the Iraq War and fully accept that the entire current state of the world was set up the day I was born to see how long humanity could pull one over on me before something so ridiculous comes along that I figure it out. Mind you, I'm not saying that I don't foresee a war in Iran. I'm just saying I'd be surprised if our administration actually thought it would be advideable.

The scenario for defeat is considerable. Iran's state regime won't be any pushover like Hussein's was, and there will be even less international support than there was for Iraq. Even if we manage to best the state, the civil disorder and opposition that follows will make us look back on the Iraq War with thoughtful nostalgia. Not to mention the very possible erruption of the entire Middle East into war following an attack on Iran.

As for the motivation for war (assuming the fact that the primary motivation behind our involvement in the Middle East whatsoever is economical is disregarded)? I say if Iran wants nuclear weapons, let them have them. I see a counter to Israel's nuclear power in the region quite healthy, if not necessary. And in spite of what the current American administration incoherrently claims, Iran has shown itself to be quite reasonable and cooperative when it comes to foreign interaction, especially by contrast to their regional peers (Israel not withstanding).

Unlike Syria and others, Iran has not enthusiastically demanded the utter destruction of the state of Israel, preferrably along with a vast majority of its citizens. They have simply called for the peaceful creation of an independent Palestinian state. If that happens, then Iran officially has no problem with Israel.

It's slow and it's far from perfect, but Iran has also been one of the few states in the area that has proven itself to be independently moving toward a more free and democratic system. It will be a long while yet, but they are making progress. And more importantly, it can work, as opposed to, as a hypothetical example, invading an authoritarian state filled with ethnic and religious tension, even hatred, that has been fueled for well over six thousand years and declaring, \"Full on democracy!\" twenty months later.

As for nuclear technology, I'm going to argue that Iran has it as deterrance, nothing more. With Israel's nuclear arsenal, and recent developments in the Middle East, who can blame them for being scared out of their minds? It's effectively a potent security blanket. Contrary to popular belief in the United States, few countries, Iran definitely not one of them, would voluntarily make the decision to engage in a nuclear conflict. If anything, Israel has shown itself to be far less trustworthy with such \"desperation moves\" as nuclear weapons in the past. Israel gaining nuclear weapons frightens me far more than Iran gaining them, but I suppose it's too late for that now.

In any case, I tend to get too deep in rants. I was going to go on about the concept of the sovereign state and complain that the war in Iraq was motivated by needs for oil, but I think it's best if I just shut up.

You should be ready to take back your claims then. Iran was on the United States hitlist, and they were going to jointly take down them, before the Elections. But the Russians came to the rescue.

Israel is one of our best allies, thats why we need to eliminate Iran, and Syria. Iran would, strike Isreal quickly. Sharon is scared up a storm that they'll do this, so the USA stepped in and is trying to figure a way into Iran.

However, the Neocons have a new plan on attacking Syria in February. What a great year 2005 is becoming.

And you better learn to like the Israelies, because guess what. They aren't going anywhere. Buscho's got a bunch of alliances set up right now. The UN is appeasing to their needs with Iraq. Whats next?