My childhood room.

Negan

THE member
This story isn't scary, but it's the first "paranormal" experience that I can remember. (Missing parts filled in by my mother.)

This happened in the mid 80's in a small Norwegian town. We were living in an apartment with two bedrooms. One being mine, the other my parents.

There are two notable things that occurred in this room. One was a nightly occurrence that involved an antique painting of a boy and his dog. The boy sat on a barrel and the dog sat beside him. But every night, the painting would glow. Not the frame, just the actual painting. My mom was at a loss for words, and even to this day she'll talk about it. The glow was faint, but visible to her and anyone else that would care to look. This painting was from the very late 1800's, my mother doesn't recall the exact date and we lost that painting years ago after we left Norway.

The second occurrence happened to me personally in this room. My memory is mottled but I have enough to remember it happening. Our cats had had kittens. I was in my room playing with them and their mom. It was getting late, my door was closed so the cats wouldn't run all over the apartment. My light was off, and I remember it being twilight and difficult for me to see. Plus, I was afraid of the dark. I got up and tried to jump to reach the light switch. Being very young, I just couldn't reach it. I also didn't have anything I could stand on so I had to open my door a crack and yell for my mother to come and turn the light on for me. "In a minute!" she replied.

I went to go sit down with the cats and play again, and shortly thereafter the light turned on. I turned around to say "takk mamma" (thank you mom) but the door was closed. I got up and opened the door a crack and yelled "Takk mamma!" when she replied "For hva da?" (For what?) I said for turning on the light and my mom came quickly over to my room. She said, "No problem". It wasn't before about ten years ago when my mom and I were talking about the kittens when she said, "remember when your light turned on by itself?". I of course didn't know, so she told me the story (which I remembered) but then said she was surprised that the light was on but didn't want to scare me by saying it turned on by itself.

I like to think that either a family member who had past, or friendly ghost were being nice and turned on the light for me.

(This isn't the only thing that happened in this apartment. Most places we've lived have had numerous things happen after each other.)