My theory on Titor

To say that Titor is a hoax, is to ignore the mountain of unlikely coincidences. The fact is, Titor was writing in 1999 about a conflict with Russia in 2015, he wrote how things "Just won't seem the same by 2008", and about a divided america after an election. He knew things about a computer, that only a few people knew at the time.

The thing that throws me, is in 1999 the idea of going to war with Russia was crazy, heck up until 2013 it was pretty ridiculous. It demonstrates a thinking that is quite a bit above average.

That said, he's off in so many ways. All his details are wrong. All of them. He has the themes right, but the details wrong. It's beyond "divergence".

So to me, the titor posts are still interesting, and still worth analyzing, but it seems like there's quite a bit of other possibilities that are more likely then that he was a time traveler. So the question I've pondered is, if he's not a time traveler. Who is Titor, and why did he post?

There's hundreds of possibilities. But here's my favorite:

I believe Titor is a researcher, likely working for either an academic institution or the government. I think he is either a programmer, or on a team. I believe the focus on their research is to generate various scenarios combining technology and politics (perhaps via the use of game theory?) and the likely outcomes. It's possible that there's a computer that has generated hundreds of thousands or millions of scenarios, changing and tweaking outcomes from one thing or another.

I have a theory that if you did this, and you did it enough, a few strong trends would reveal themselves.

To me this explanation would provide some answers to how a person in 1999 would be able to come up with so many "themes" and be so spot on about them. Yet still be so wrong in everything else. I also believe they inserted some personal expertise to help add some credibility.

I think the motivation was that of play. I think it was a couple of guys just having a good time, and I bet they still laugh about it every few years.

Sandy

One thing that always bothered me about titor was the comments about not helping a person on the side of the road and then how trusting we are that we go into an elevator with person we don't know etc
seemed off that the same person would make both those comments. They contradict each other. Either we r too trusting or we r too untrusting to help a person in need. I agree titor was not a time traveler. But he was something where he knew things important stuff. Maybe gov troll or something.

RHYS

The country is always divided after an election & I grew up under the threat of the U. S. A. going to war with Russia (then U. S. S. R.). So I find no themes or "coincidences" here.... Also, if Titor really had any message of import, why didn't he take it to the National news service? Because the population majority nor scientific experts & photo analyzers would believe his tale. The same as now.... It is entertainment. The same reason why Hollywood writers target a relative demographic, by pitching to their select audience.

Sandy

Its really interesting how upset the "title was a hoax" people get. And like why do they follow conversations about him if they don't find anything of interest? It 's as if they just jump in in order to shut the conversation down. Very suspect!!! Just sayin...

JDot

I think some people are definitely laughing about it somewhere but idk about it being a hoax. Ive seen some things that lead me to believe this is real.

J.A.

Then here my pers. suspicion, just my voluntary information, if anyone claims to time travel, without any hard evidence that I can rely on it to be the truth, the one is just a 'statute' manipulator, male, female, seeking to draw attention to oneself, Good Easter, J.A.

TimeFlipper

I think some people are definitely laughing about it somewhere but idk about it being a hoax. Ive seen some things that lead me to believe this is real.
Hi and welcome to Paranormalis...Can you tell us please about some of the things that made you a believer?
Kind Regards
John

J.A.

The 'perfect' lie: To hide the 1st lie behind the next & last one that can say quite a lot about, how for instance Wacko Jacko faked his own death, in Elvis's case it was more comprehensible to get away with it, please, what do you think? J.A.