My time travel theory...

Jack Mckarash

My time travel theory...

the more i think about TT the more it makes me believe that TT is only possible into the future. Maybe the 'past' no longer exists so we can not go back? As the old saying goes 'As soon as time travel is invented it has always existed.' but if this was true we would all know about it,(unless it has been kept the greatest secret of all times).
If T -travel is only possible forwards, then we will never know any results as we cannot leave information for us to find because, in the future, the past has caught up with the traveller. ie, if a traveller leaves a lab and goes 20 years into the future,He will arrive back in the lab with older versions of the scientists he left who would now have to give him knowledge of the past he missed!
If this theory is correct then time travel has no use other than transporting endangered animals/plants to a better scientific decade or shifting people forwards for personal/monetry or safety reasons.
Any replies/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

aurora51

Re: My time travel theory...

i agree that time travel will most likely only be possible into the future. theoretically, travel back in time would require greater than c. velocity, which violates einsteins theory that nothing can travel faster than light. however, if you could travel far enough into the future, the technology might exist and we could bring the knowledge back with us.

you say once time travel is possible, it will have always existed. that is an interesting paradox to ponder. i read another theory that states that you can only go as far into the past, to the point in time when the machine was invented.
i think that the possibilitys for travel into the future are limited only by one's imagination.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"aurora51\")</div>
i agree that time travel will most likely only be possible into the future. theoretically, travel back in time would require greater than c. velocity, which violates einsteins theory that nothing can travel faster than light. however, if you could travel far enough into the future, the technology might exist and we could bring the knowledge back with us.

[/b]

Aurora,

Einstein's General Theory of Relativity allows time travel into the past using massive gravitation like that found near a black hole. High speed is not required.
The only open question in this is will the traveller emerge into our past or that of another universe. General Relativity has not answered this particular question.:)

Harte

aurora51

are you refering to the einstein-rosen bridge?

in a swartzchild black hole, once the traveler passes the event horizon, there is no return and ultimately he is crushed at the singularity. sounds like a good place to stay away from if you ask me.:lol:

with a kerr black hole on the other hand, it may be possible, providing the theoretical "whitehole" exists. problem with that is that the second law of thermodynamics does'nt allow it.

StarLord

So now, all we have to figure out how to do is manufacture a disposable black hole exactly where and when we need it.....

Which reminds me, was this what Zircon Encrusted Tweezers was invented for?
I'd ask Frank, but he's busy orchestrating elsewhere.

StarLord

We sure are, each second that goes by....Quick! grab that brass ring!!

aurora51

a flux capacitor and zircon encrusted tweezers?
that might just be the missing link.

st0len

If you can only time travel into the future how will you timetravel back to your correct place in the universe?