Mythbusters spoof - Time travel

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Mythbusters spoof - Time travel

When you travel through time, and get to your destination, "on the other side", your time machine is supposed to be cold. Is that true ? :D

1985_delorean_c.jpg

If we made real time travel, would we experience a temperature change ?
Hey it's a myth !?! :D

Num7

jurgen36

Re: Mythbusters spoof - Time travel

Numenorean7 said:

If we made real time travel, would we experience a temperature change ?
Hey it's a myth !?! :D

Num7

Why should there be a temperature change??? I do believe it would have to be done in a space ship of some kind if you take the movement of the Earth, the Sun, the Galaxy and the Galactic cluster into account or you will find yourself in deep space without any air to breath.
Regards

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

I remember listening to the commentary on the BTTF DVDs and one of them said that they initially used liquid nitrogen on the car because it looked cool, but it was also a pain in the ass to make sure it looked right for every shot.

If you watch the movies you'll notice that each time the DeLorean travels through time, there is less and less ice on the vehicle. Their reasoning for this was that the more the machine traveled, the more used to time travel the materials it was made out of became.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Like the fire trails, this concepts was invented for the back to the future movies, they are not true in real life.

I wonder if the time-train at the end of bttf3 experiences a temperature change !?!

Whitelight

Webnower said:
I hope not, the thing ran on steam.

Haha I love this thread already.

As for the coldness of said time machine, it makes me think about co2 cartridges. When you puncture them and take out all the air it freezes. I've had wet hands and had one of these get stuck to them, its like getting your tongue stuck on an icy pole.

Could we connect the two somehow? With all the sudden freezingness.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Could we connect the two somehow? With all the sudden freezingness.
Do CO2 gaz particles use time travel to get out of the cartridge ?
That's a good question.

Whitelight

That does make sense... The co2 doesn't come out of the cartridge, it time travels to the whip cream making it fluffy :)

(We use them to make whip cream at work)

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
:)

(We use them to make whip cream at work)

As long as you do not eat the whip cream it would be ok. But remember CO2 cartridges are not made to food spec's. The CO2 usually contains traces of mineral oil and also a very small but measurable amount of metal particles from the machinery used. So I personally would not eat it under any circumstances.
Regards