NASA Martian rocks what a joke

OakFieldAlienz444

I realize it's pathetic and means nothing cuz I am pretty sure there's some stuff they're all privy to we're not, but I saw something
about NASA finding proof life existed on Mars long ago due to something involving space rocks.

Can't find the article anymore.

Anyone else hear about this or know the link?

Wind7

Staff
I realize it's pathetic and means nothing cuz I am pretty sure there's some stuff they're all privy to we're not, but I saw something
about NASA finding proof life existed on Mars long ago due to something involving space rocks.

Yes, I absolutely remember that!

Was last year though.
They said they had found something like "Living Bacterium" or some such thing.

It was "accidentally destroyed by a Malfunction".

(Whatever.)

:rolleyes:

Yeats

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
For Immediate Release
August 7, 1996

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT
UPON DEPARTURE

The South Lawn
1:15 P.M. EDT​

THE PRESIDENT: Good afternoon. I'm glad to be joined by my science and technology adviser, Dr. Jack Gibbons, to make a few comments about today's announcement by NASA.

This is the product of years of exploration and months of intensive study by some of the world's most distinguished scientists. Like all discoveries, this one will and should continue to be reviewed, examined and scrutinized. It must be confirmed by other scientists. But clearly, the fact that something of this magnitude is being explored is another vindication of America's space program and our continuing support for it, even in these tough financial times. I am determined that the American space program will put it's full intellectual power and technological prowess behind the search for further evidence of life on Mars.

First, I have asked Administrator Goldin to ensure that this finding is subject to a methodical process of further peer review and validation. Second, I have asked the Vice President to convene at the White House before the end of the year a bipartisan space summit on the future of America's space program. A significant purpose of this summit will be to discuss how America should pursue answers to the scientific questions raised by this finding. Third, we are committed to the aggressive plan we have put in place for robotic exploration of Mars. America's next unmanned mission to Mars is scheduled to lift off from the Kennedy Space Center in November. It will be followed by a second mission in December. I should tell you that the first mission is scheduled to land on Mars on July the 4th, 1997 -- Independence Day.

It is well worth contemplating how we reached this moment of discovery. More than 4 billion years ago this piece of rock was formed as a part of the original crust of Mars. After billions of years it broke from the surface and began a 16 million year journey through space that would end here on Earth. It arrived in a meteor shower 13,000 years ago. And in 1984 an American scientist on an annual U.S. government mission to search for meteors on Antarctica picked it up and took it to be studied. Appropriately, it was the first rock to be picked up that year -- rock number 84001.

Today, rock 84001 speaks to us across all those billions of years and millions of miles. It speaks of the possibility of life. If this discovery is confirmed, it will surely be one of the most stunning insights into our universe that science has ever uncovered. Its implications are as far-reaching and awe-inspiring as can be imagined. Even as it promises answers to some of our oldest questions, it poses still others even more fundamental.

We will continue to listen closely to what it has to say as we continue the search for answers and for knowledge that is as old as humanity itself but essential to our people's future.

Thank you.

ErinsOnlyColour

I remember something about someone handing out or being gifts petrified wood and telling them they were moon rocks and then everyone was so mad to find out it was wood.

its like hey, it's the thought that counts.
Moon Wood