NASA Moon Landing hoax

darkbreed

NASA Moon Landing hoax

Most of you have probably heard of the possibility of the NASA Moon landings of the 60's to be a hoax staged to win the space race. True or not? Well the evidence presented by the conspiracy theorists are sure intersting at least and gives credibility to their suggestions.

Here is a couple sites with evidence on the moon landings possibly being a great hoax:

Lots of information, pictures and videoclips:
http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Pictures and information
http://www.geocities.com/nasascam/

Video documentary:
http://www.truthstream.org/moon.htm

ZeoEmeraude

Re: NASA Moon Landing hoax

I'd like to think that we went to the moon myself Darkbreed, but the evidence seems to point the other way. Also has anyone noticed that there is no talk about the dark side of the moon? Many (including myself) believe that this is one of the many "secret" alien bases in which they observe our lives. One thing is certain though, anyone with a strong enuff telescope and good eyes should be able to see the lunar craft left on the surface. Someone show me a pic of that, and i'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Your TTF F.F/C.O: Zeo [/color]

Zoomerz

YIKES! I grew up in the space program. My Father designed the space pack used by the Apollo 13 crew to traverse outside of the ship at Gianini and North American Rockwell. You've all seen it, and might recognize it as the "james bond jetpack". Anyway, he was also deeply involved in the lunar rover design.

I can still remember watching the landing with my family. Dad commenting at various points to explain what was happening.

There's plenty of conspiracy theories to focus on my friends. This one is most certainly a dead end.

Z-

StarLord

Which reminds me. A fellow was doing a write up and discovered that the lunar vehicle that was built to specs had a few problems. He contacted NASA and let them know that he was writing a book and he was recieved with open arms. As he was putting all his ducks in a row his subconscious noticed something and the poor chap was beside himself to figure out what the problem could be. He finally discovered the potential problem and contacted NASA again and started to ask specific questions and requested the actual specs / 'prints' to the lunar vehicle and the lunar rover. When asked 'why' he let slip that the rover was too big and could not possibly fit where they said it was going to be stored for the voyage. If memory serves correct it was something like 16 to 18 inches too big.

For some strange reason, NASA refused to return his calls after this.

As your father directly worked on this, perhaps you can get the specs of the rover and compare them to the space it was going to be stored during the trip.

Zoomerz

As your father directly worked on this, perhaps you can get the specs of the rover and compare them to the space it was going to be stored during the trip.
heh, actually, I DO have the original typed manuscript for the jetpack (as an heirloom), but as he had only a cursory involvement in the Rover, I don't have anything to help you :)

My point is, I think if you research "in-depth", you'll find all those questions have legitimate answers. I knew too many in that industry at that time to believe there was any "grand conspiracy". Honorable, professional people. There was no reason to fake it, cuz we had the technology to do it.

Z-

darkbreed

Well it has allready been researched in-depth, and some things can't really be answered in a legitimate way unless a hoax was involved. The most obvious signs of hoax are the photographic evidence. Such as the same backgrounds used on different pictures supposed to be taken miles away from eachother, multiple light sources, some kind of wire being reflected in the light above one of the astronauts head when "jumping" around on the moon, cameras taking photos from angles not possible considering they were mounted on the astronauts breast and not very moveable.

StarLord

How come you never saw a single star in the background of all those pictures? surely without an atmosphere and polution to distort them, the stars would look just like Broadway signs would they not?

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
How come you never saw a single star in the background of all those pictures? ?surely without an atmosphere and polution to distort them, ?the stars would look just like Broadway signs would they not?[/b]
Well, for the most part, if you know much about photography, especially in uneven light sources, a camera will only "focus" at a certain distance. That is to say, it doesn't focus on all depths at the same time.

If you notice, most of the images are "after" they had set up (not in regards to the first step on the moon!). The lighting you're seeing for most of those pics is area spotlights set up specifically for lighting the landing area, and providing working light (not natural lighting). Because of this, along with a lack of "long-ranged" focus, the camera aperture would only open in relation to the brighter short-range lights, and would represent blackness in the distance.

Also, after looking at the site you ref'd with the pics, I found the following quite humerous:

re: "Why No Dust" section

Why is there a lack of any engine sound on any of the films as the lunar lander is about to land on the Moons surface?

LOL,,,,umm,,,,without an atmosphere, ummm, there's no way for sound waves to travel :)

Z-

darkbreed

"The lighting you're seeing for most of those pics is area spotlights set up specifically for lighting the landing area, and providing working light (not natural lighting)."

How can that be? They didnt bring any artificial light sources, according to NASA. All they had was the natural light, that being the sun light.

Unlesss you are refering to the studio on Earth where they did the shots? :)

Also, when you quoted the statement about sound, you forgot to quote the rest of it:

"After all, the astronauts are sitting on an engine that can produce 10.000 lb. of thrust and burning at 5000 degrees Fahrenheit of heat. Air inside the module was pressurized to 1/3 sea level atmosphere, so why no sound and vibration? According to some sources the astronauts could hear the thrusters charging, yet we cannot hear the immense engine in the background of any transmissions?"

StarLord

Darkbreed,

Of course they brought artificial lighting, how else did you expect them to BBQ at night up there? By Catching Fireflies?