NASA sponsors course on communicating with aliens

Num7

Administrator
Staff
NASA sponsors course on communicating with aliens

And the question is : Do we need this course ?!?
The US space agency Nasa is sponsoring a university course on how to talk to aliens.

English students at the University of Wyoming are being encouraged to consider the possibility that humanity might one day make contact with aliens and then not know what to say.
Nasa sponsors course on how to talk to aliens - Telegraph

They explain how humans should try to understand how to communicate with an Alien. We can't be sure if the ET can "ear" us, or even "see" us in the way we ear/see.

They also talk about songs and informations sent in space, like discussed in this thread: http://www.paranormalis.com/community/science-technology/8-nasa-beam-beatles-song-north-star.html.

Are they preparing people for the first contact !!! :eek:

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: Nasa Sponsors Course on How to Talk to Aliens

yep,yep,yep I can see that. but makes me wonder :confused: will the contact realy be E.T.'S or just a projection,hologram. I mean it seems every day there's another documentary on UFO's somthins up for sure

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Real ET or projection, it's not speaking English for sure !

I don't think gov would allow an Alien spaceship to land here. Exept if they now who they are, and why they are coming. It's unlikely to happen, because I can't find any good reasons to ETs to make real contact with us.

The only thing gov want, is power and knowledge. I don't think ETs are going to share all their tech. with us just for fun.

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

yeh I don't think they would want to talk to us for anything either.I think my daughter said it best. we were talking bout ET's and she said why would they???? we are as far below them, as an earthworm is below us,
they just wouldn't even notice us. like we don't notice a worm in the grass
so I have to agree it won't happen any time soon, we are just to dumb for them to talk to. we prob.couldn't even understand what they would say anyway. but I still want it to happen real bad, it would be so cool to travel the stars with them.

EachPeachPearPlum

I didn?t actually believe this to be true but a quick search on the University of Wyoming course list proved otherwise.
Have this said, the course is more about provoking the students to write militaristically then seriously contemplating a means to communicate with E.T.?s.
Putting the course in the context of communicating with aliens is the only way to do that.

Chip Lewis

EachPeachPearPlum said:
I didn’t actually believe this to be true but a quick search on the University of Wyoming course list proved otherwise.
Have this said, the course is more about provoking the students to write militaristically then seriously contemplating a means to communicate with E.T.’s.
Putting the course in the context of communicating with aliens is the only way to do that.
I'm sure there were debates about whether or not to release this information for mass consumption.

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
yeh I don't think they would want to talk to us for anything either.I think my daughter said it best. we were talking bout ET's and she said why would they???? we are as far below them, as an earthworm is below us,
they just wouldn't even notice us. like we don't notice a worm in the grass
so I have to agree it won't happen any time soon, we are just to dumb for them to talk to. we prob.couldn't even understand what they would say anyway. but I still want it to happen real bad, it would be so cool to travel the stars with them.

We need to communicate with them so we can ask them not to kill us please! That was a joke but I am thinking that if they have the tech to get here then they have high tech ways to kill lots of everything...quickly.
I dont see a Star Treck type of planet where the beings have evoleved to the point that they have no concept of violence....
I am with you kc..I want to travel the stars with em too...as long as I can get back!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I hope they'll take C-3P0 with them as a translator !

gonzogirl

EachPeachPearPlum said:
I didn?t actually believe this to be true but a quick search on the University of Wyoming course list proved otherwise.
Have this said, the course is more about provoking the students to write militaristically then seriously contemplating a means to communicate with E.T.?s.

It seems to me that the purpose of the course is to try to communicate what it is like to be human. And in many different forms such as poetry..
I didnt get the feeling that its a way to teach students to write in a military type fashion. Quite the contrary..The class is a creative writing class and the students are being very creative from what I have read. NASA hopes to send this out into space in hopes that it gives a clue as to what it is like to be human..(as if they didnt know already!)
Besides there are TONS of military writing classes taught everywhere...

kcwildman

Beastmaster

well I am not to up on a class to talk with ET, but I have heard reports the its a federal crime to shoot any type of gun/wepon at any ET you might come across or see flying around