NASA's CO2 Conversion Challenge

OmniBon

I have been working on NASA's CO2 Conversion Challenge which involves converting CO2 to glucose. Was wondering if anyone who isn't competing wanted to give input. I feel my research has lead me on to the exact right place but I still like to let things come to me from many sources. I figured you guys might have something inspiring to say.

steven chiverton

can you use a 3d printer to print out the main carbon dioxide converting parts of a plant to do this i hear they can do wonders with 3d printers

Attachments

• efbbbaeaaec-1526565755l8cp4.jpg
    efbbbaeaaec-1526565755l8cp4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 2

OmniBon

can you use a 3d printer to print out the main carbon dioxide converting parts of a plant to do this i hear they can do wonders with 3d printers
That is a really good idea man! Google it... I will check and see what they got... that would require nano scale printing... what is interesting about that is that magnetic (maybe even paramagnetic etc) materials might be the way to go on that... there are graphene and iron oxide nano tubes that do a lot related to this stuff... all types of nano particles... but you are saying make a nano particle that is a chlorophyll basically... but that means shape and material if it is to work I think... I mean, it is on the atomic scale right? Not exactly sure on size:

Size and Power of Chlorophyll a Molecule

Nanoscribe: Inside the Small World of Nano 3D Printing

Think 100 nm - 200nm is the smallest

steven chiverton

That is a really good idea man! Google it... I will check and see what they got... that would require nano scale printing... what is interesting about that is that magnetic (maybe even paramagnetic etc) materials might be the way to go on that... there are graphene and iron oxide nano tubes that do a lot related to this stuff... all types of nano particles... but you are saying make a nano particle that is a chlorophyll basically... but that means shape and material if it is to work I think... I mean, it is on the atomic scale right? Not exactly sure on size:

Size and Power of Chlorophyll a Molecule

Nanoscribe: Inside the Small World of Nano 3D Printing

Think 100 nm - 200nm is the smallest
its great to be of help to you with my brainstorm ideas