Neanderthal/Sapiens Hybrids

dancho

Neanderthal/Sapiens Hybrids

I've written a little essay about hybridization of the human species. There are a number of sites that discuss the matter of hybridization, particularly as a possible source of what is called "autism." This site explains the idea in detail. Here is another good site on the subject.

In my opinion, the hybridization of the human species did occur. It is documented in the Bible (which, despite it's lack of popularity with some people is a pretty good ancient source document) in the sixth chapter of Genesis.

If you think that I'm just nuts, I recommend that you get yourself a free copy of Volume 2, Number 4 of Athena Review-- an archaeological journal-- and read the "hard data" for yourself.

I think that the history of our species is being misinterpreted as long as "mainstream" science ignores the possibility that two lines of human evolution diverged and then merged again-- producing the "modern" human with all of our neurotic failings.

Harte

Re: Neanderthal/Sapiens Hybrids

Dancho,

Without refuting the possibility of Cro-Magnon/Neandertal hybridization, I have some comments on your thesis of the violent nature of caucasians and a purported link between neandertal genes and autism.

First, you would be hard pressed to find any race that does not exhibit exactly the same violent tendencies evinced by the caucasians. Is it your contention that all races of humans have these neandertal genes? Even Australian aborigines can be quite ferocious.

A similar argument can be made about autism spectrum. How would you account for autistic Africans or Japanese?

Regarding your essay, I must say that you take quite a bit of artistic license when you blithely list the sexual behaviors of neandertals, a subject about which very little, if anything, is known. I have to ask, since it is your contention that neandertal females chose their mates, how is it that the human genome has no connection with the neandertals through mitochondrial dna, which is inherited solely from the maternal side?

The case for hybridization between cro-magnon and neandertal rests completely on one small skeleton. There is no other evidence in existence that would support this theory. While I myself believe that some hybridization certainly must have occured (it's only common sense), I can absolutely state that your thesis of a neanderthal connection to the violent nature of caucasians, as well as any connection to autism spectrum, is absolutely without any grounding in science and is therefore meritless and worthy of the trash heap. At best, it is a whimsical thought experiment, at worst it is a wretched interpretation that could possibly cause harm to the unfortunate victims of autism spectrum.

Harte

Timebender

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
...how is it that the human genome has no connection with the neandertals through mitochondrial dna, ....[/b]

Harte, please offer links to data that suggest your position. I have almost completed a work on hybridization via an alternative means and have not come across this hypothesis. I am indeed intrigued if such studies exist as they would go far in proving my own hypothesis.
Thanx, TB

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Timebender\")</div>
Harte, please offer links to data that suggest your position. I have almost completed a work on hybridization via an alternative means and have not come across this hypothesis. I am indeed intrigued if such studies exist as they would go far in proving my own hypothesis.
Thanx, TB[/b]

Here's a couple. Try Google.

http://www.appapers.com/585.htm

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/neander/neander.htm

Harte

tchetcha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"dancho\")</div>
I've written a little essay about hybridization of the human species. There are a number of sites that discuss the matter of hybridization, particularly as a possible source of what is called \"autism.\" This site explains the idea in detail. ?Here is another good site on the subject.

In my opinion, the hybridization of the human species did occur. It is documented in the Bible (which, despite it's lack of popularity with some people is a pretty good ancient source document) in the sixth chapter of Genesis.

If you think that I'm just nuts, I recommend that you get yourself a free copy of Volume 2, Number 4 of Athena Review-- an archaeological journal-- and read the \"hard data\" for yourself.

I think that the history of our species is being misinterpreted as long as \"mainstream\" science ignores the possibility that two lines of human evolution diverged and then merged again-- producing the \"modern\" human with all of our neurotic failings.[/b]

Have you heard about the Lapedo's Boy? Try google.
He may be the proof for your theorie. Also, there is a BBC documentary about the Neanderthal and the last episode endend with the Lapedo's Valley Boy.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"tchetcha\")</div>
Have you heard about the Lapedo's Boy? Try google.
He may be the proof for your theorie. Also, there is a BBC documentary about the Neanderthal and the last episode endend with the Lapedo's Valley Boy.[/b]
The remains found in Portugal's Lapedo Valley are what the original post in this thread is talking about.

Harte

halo2junkie119

I saw a program on discovery channel and they had scientists who suspected that humans didnt kill the strong AND intelligent neandertal race, but instead bred with them. Who knows, anythings possible!

thenumbersix

Interesting concept and plausible too. It would certainly add a means of mutation into our evolution....

dancho

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Harte\")</div>
Dancho,

At best, it is a whimsical thought experiment, at worst it is a wretched interpretation that could possibly cause harm to the unfortunate victims of autism spectrum.

Harte[/b]

Oh! Just stop, you naughty thing!!

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"dancho\")</div>
Oh! Just stop, you naughty thing!![/b]

Sorry, I'm just tired of all the straw-grasping regarding autism and it's causes. My son has what they call PDD, pervasive delay disorder, which is part of the autism spectrum. (They don't call it autism anymore, now it's autism spectrum because they have crammed so many different disorders into this convenient category.)

Harte