Nemo's Thoughts On Ghosts

CarpeNemo

Well, to be honest I'm kind of bored and don't have a lot better to do. Since theories don't have to be mutually exclusive, I figured I'd post up my take on ghosts and see what y'all's personal theories are as well.

To start off, I'm rather fond of the "soul" theory. That the brain is nothing more than the medium our innerselves use to communicate with the physical self. And that the soul could separate itself and maintain consciousness, and potentially memories (maybe not long term memories or memories in detail) as well.

And that the "soul", when not in the body, uses any source of energy possible. When we eat and drink, we take in food which the body chemically alters into energy we can use as well as waste materials. So the "soul" always has energy while in the body, but outside the body needs a source to manifest itself into a form where it can communicate or manipulate the environment.

That there are paranormal "hotspots" in the world, which could be as simple as geomagnetic spots or just areas with high EMF readings such as areas near power lines, electrical relay points, radio towers, or just houses with bad electrical shielding. These areas are probably oozing with enough energy for a spirit to manifest itself. It's likely that the earth is always giving off these energies, but some spots more than others.

Considerations about spirits, is that maybe as they go along, unless they have a source of energy to utilize might even weaken and fade away over time. If they have a proper source of energy to maintain themselves maybe stay around their source of energy stops producing. Just a thought towards explaining why there don't seem to be ghosts of ancient humans/entities.

These are just my personal thoughts I'm pointing out. By no means definitive and surely not completely right. I'm open to alternative theories, so post away.

Nicely stated, though I think of "ghosts" as the animated remains of the dead. Nothing faanccy, just a part of a persson that hasn't gone, wherever they go, on the death of their host physical body. I've run into different types but in the end, a ghost is a ghost, regardless of why they are still here and they don't give clues as to why.

Certainly everyone has their own thoughts on something as "odd' as ghosts or the paraanormal, and I, for one, will support thier right to say...thought I might think their notions are as screwy as h***.. I just enjoy the dialogue and will do whatever I can to encourgae, appropriate chat among members, on about any , "age wise', topic.

CarpeNemo

I certainly do not wish to force people into believing something they don't believe in. And I know not everyone in the world doesn't believe in ghosts.

My beliefs come from my personal experiences, which is why I believe. The alternative is that a fairly massive portion of Earth's population is batshit loony for believing in something like this, and I just don't think that many people could be wrong.

I only propose my side on this topic, and I'm quite interested in yours if you care to share it.