Media New time theory makes time travel possible

Angelhoney

• "Physicists say time operates in units and is not a constant flow
  • 'Static' units of time stack up to give the impression of time flowing
  • Researchers say effect is similar to impression given by a flicker book
  • Theory suggests that time travel could be possible, if discrete fixed moments in time exist that can be pinpointed in the future"
Physicists say time travel could be a reality

tflofasho

Apparently people have talked about this for years though.

I'd recommend seeing where Japan and ahead academies are at and look at tv shows, cartoons, video games and anime for hints and clues that could potentially be of good help or not. You tend to see good information in all of them if anything really.

Angelhoney

I will certainly check it out.
If time really does work this way then time travel and changing the past is possible.

tflofasho

I would recommend Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The author talks about this and explains it pretty well in the novel series and you see it well described in the anime. One of the characters is a time traveler and explains what she knows but leaves things out and another character being an alien (via my current avatar) explains that it's quite easy and can be done.

But then again, it's a fiction series, so it can't be taken too seriously, but can be used for inspiration for academic ideas. But it is well thought out and well explained compared to most and is far better than other worlds theories. It's a very tripped out watch and explanation that actually does come make sense.

However, the author is really a law school graduate, so as to where he got those ideas from, you're better off asking him his sources where he got or came up with them, being imaginative and being untested with no data and proof of it's effectiveness.

emanuela

I agree with tflofasho about search ideas, because physicists's ideas come from this kind of thinking, so they're random. Then, as I know, maybe you are talking about some particles called Tachyons, even if they're hypothetical.

TimeFlipper

Tachyons are those pesky particles that can travel in and out of time, also they are considered to be of health value and you can buy jewellery that contain Germanium, which is supposed to contain Tachyons and is very popular now :)

steven chiverton

• Theory suggests that time travel could be possible, if discrete fixed moments in time exist that can be pinpointed in the future"
does not translate into a real working time machine hey

Angelhoney

:LOL: yeah but the theory permits time travel while there are other theories that don't

steven chiverton

:LOL: yeah but the theory permits time travel while there are other theories that don't
lets see the theory put to an actual time travel thing