Nine years in a dream

TheCreator

A few months ago I had a dream that lasted 9 years. I remember all of it just like I would remember anything else. Has anyone else had dreams that last this long? I'd like to hear about them.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
A few months ago I had a dream that lasted 9 years. I remember all of it just like I would remember anything else. Has anyone else had dreams that last this long? I'd like to hear about them.

Do you mean 9 years passed in the dream, or your lived your life for 9 years then suddenly awakened from it?

TheCreator

Do you mean 9 years passed in the dream, or your lived your life for 9 years then suddenly awakened from it?
9 years passed in the dream.

And it felt like 9 years or you just knew it was 9 years?
Both. It was fully experienced. It was so much fun. At times I was lucid and knew I wasn't in a physical place, but it didn't feel like a dream. I was there. And I certainly wasn't alone. There's a feeling you get when someone is near you, and you just know it. If you close your eyes when they are near you, you can feel them. Most of the time when I see people in my dreams I don't get this feeling. But this one was different. I felt the presence of my friends. And these weren't friends I have in my waking reality. These are people who were brought together in the dream and spent 9 years with each other.

Zeirbah

I did have a dream that was set in the future since I saw hover cars and futuristic buildings. Not sure what year it was in the dream though.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
If you've lived and experienced an extra 9 years of life in one night then you are a very lucky man indeed.

Reminds me of the Star Trek episode where Picard is touched by the prope and in an instant he is transformed and is living on a different World that he can't escape from, he has a family grows old and dies but when he does die he is instantly returned to the Enterprise at the point from which he left but he still retains the memories, experiences of his other life.

To be given 'extra' time would be a blessing.

TheCreator

Were there any calenders in your dream to show you 9 different years, or did you celebrate 9 birthdays? :D
That's an interesting point. There were no acknowledgement of birthdays, holidays, or anything like that. There was a clock on the wall in one of the buildings, but I rarely looked at it. We counted time relative to when we arrived. There was day and night. We slept and woke.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Were there any calenders in your dream to show you 9 different years, or did you celebrate 9 birthdays? :D
That's an interesting point. There were no acknowledgement of birthdays, holidays, or anything like that. There was a clock on the wall in one of the buildings, but I rarely looked at it. We counted time relative to when we arrived. There was day and night. We slept and woke.

Are you 100% sure it was a dream and not an abduction?